x

Online Store Sale

Hi, 

I am trying to set up a sale on my online store, but don't see the option to export/import items like the tutorials keep showing for the overseas option. 

Is there a special way we can do this in Australia? We have 2000 products and I'd prefer to make changes easier in a CSV. Manually changing each product is time consuming. 

Previously, we had a coupon discount for customers to use at checkout for the discount, but I'd like people to see that things are on sale, the way the graphic shows. But we are about to offer a huge sale on various things across many  categories. It's impractical to change them all. 

I'd appreciate your assistance. 

Thank you,

Sarah

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @MrsBarn,

Thanks for reaching our and sorry for the delay getting back to you!

You can find the option to import/export your inventory via spreadsheet from your the item library in your online dashboard. Click the "Actions" drop-down menu in the top right hand corner and then you'll see the options to import/export.

I recommend creating a single item in dashboard first, before exporting a spreadsheet, as this will generate the relevant column headers that will need to be present for a spreadsheet import into Square. Note that some things, such as item images and item modifiers will need to be done manually via the item library and are not able to be edited via spreadsheet.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi, 

Thank you for  your response, but it doesn't quite answer my question. I am not referring to the Square online management, I am specifically speaking about the Online Store managed by Weebly. The only button option I have in the Items section is Add more Items, not a drop down image as you have shown (which is from the Square Online). 

How do a run a sale for a bricks and mortar through to my Online Store? Do I use discount codes in store and if so, how do I alter items in bulk on my Online Store? There is no option to export on the Online Store. It looks like I have to manually adjust every single price of each individual item. 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @MrsBarn,

The Square Dashboard item inventory will sync with your Square Online Store inventory - the only way to manage your Square Online Store inventory via spreadsheet is via the Square Dashboard rather than the Online Store Dashboard. This is due to the way that Square Online Store is designed to sync with Square POS, Dashboard etc.

For sales in person at your physical shop you'd need to run these via the Point of Sale app rather than the online store. Is the issue that your item prices are different online than in your store?

Let me know a bit more about how you want things to run and what you're trying to achieve and I'll do my best to help 🙂

You might also want to call our support team on 1800 760 137 - they'll be able to take a better look into how you have things set up currently and will be able to provide a bit more insight!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hello Seamus, I have the same problem as @MrsBarn 
I want to run a sale on my website, but there is no option for me to select multiple items and adjust the Sale Price.

Even if I go through the import/export in the square dashboard it doesn't give me the option of changing the Sale Price?
Will I need to do it item by item?
I have over 300 items and it will be very time-consuming.

Thank you.Annotation 2020-07-07 224126.jpg

Message 5 of 5