I am not sure why but I just launched my online store and received a message on my Facebook page from a customer saying that their Ipad security is listing the site as unsafe and not secure. Why is this and how can this be fixed? Obviously this is an issue
Welcome back to the Seller Community! 🤗
The SSL for the Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) should be automatically enabled when the site is published, meaning it is a secure link.
What browser are they using? Let me know so I can look into this further! ✨
They said on an Ipad so I would assume it would have to be safari because I checked the other browsers, I checked it with my scanners and my antivirus is extremely picky and it read fine. I checked it with a few tools online to check for sites being secure and everything checks out so I am not sure what's going on. I hope it is not just a person trying to cause issues by making people think it's a bad website but I could not find anything wrong with my site.
My site is https://shop.indiangardenfarms.net/ for reference
Thanks for your patience.
You are absolutely right. I was using Google Chrome, and had my browsing history cleared and cached, and I still received this error:
However, another team member was able to access your website just fine using Google Chrome. We're still looking into this issue. In the meantime, we suggest unpublishing, and republishing your website. The Unpublish button is in Website > General Settings on the bottom, and publish is just within the site editor. Let me know if this helps/works.
Current orders won't be impacted, but your site will be down for the brief period of time it's unpublished @MattHebb1995.
OH! Sorry @MattHebb1995.
No, the team member that was able to see your lovely site didn't experience any security issues. It likely has something to do with the SSL. Let me know when you've tried the unpublish and republish.
I just did, it is up again. There are only two things that I thought of that I am not sure if they would have any effect or not. Firstly in the top of my page one of my links goes to my main website for the farm which like 4 years ago was hacked and thus blacklisted by some things for a year or two although it is much more secure now and not blacklisted anymore. It is not linked in any way to this site besides that redirect link, secondly my dns goes through noip with the primay www.indiangardenfarms.net address being for that website and this store is a secondary without the www. in the dns it is just shop.indiangardenfarms.net
I have no clue if any of that would make any difference but I just thought I would mention it.