x
Beta Member

Square Online site showing up as not secure?

I am not sure why but I just launched my online store and received a message on my Facebook page from a customer saying that their Ipad security is listing the site as unsafe and not secure. Why is this and how can this be fixed? Obviously this is an issue

Message 1 of 52
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MattHebb1995-

Welcome back to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿค—

The SSL for the Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) should be automatically enabled when the site is published, meaning it is a secure link. 

What browser are they using? Let me know so I can look into this further! โœจ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 52
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @auraandamethyst - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your domain has brought you to the Seller Community๐Ÿ˜ฅ

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and settings with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

In the meantime, I suggest looking over the troubleshooting steps listed here in our Support Center.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 49 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Hi @Richard144 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face ๐Ÿ˜Š

I know how frustrating that can be. Happy to check on a fix for you if the issue is still occurring.

On my end your site, your site appears to be safe and secure.

However, I understand how important it is to appear this way consistently and for everyone.

If you'd like, you can always update your A records to 

199.34.228.164 to ensure that your site is always secure.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist. โœจ

Ria
Message 43 of 52

I am having this same issue when guest are trying to access from chrome it is saying its not a safe site. www.dreamextensions.square.site

Message 44 of 52

Hey there @Little-see your correct domain is dreamextensionsllc.square.site. This one should appear secure. 

JJ
Message 45 of 52

My experience was using www.yourname.square.site was the problem. instead you should use https://your name.square.site

let me know if that helps 

Message 46 of 52

I am getting the same messages from customers. Just about to launch my website. Can someone please help what I should do. "connection is not secure" I unpublished and republished. 

http://www.candidchefs.com

Thank you 

Message 47 of 52

Hello,

I've recently transferred my domain to Square and now it is showing as Not Secure. Can someone please assist me?

Message 48 of 52

Best Answer

Hi @auraandamethyst - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your domain has brought you to the Seller Community๐Ÿ˜ฅ

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and settings with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

In the meantime, I suggest looking over the troubleshooting steps listed here in our Support Center.

Violet
Message 49 of 52

Our web site has said 'unsecure' from the initial set up.   What do we need to do to 'secure' our web site?

Message 50 of 52

unsecure.PNG

Message 51 of 52

Hi @CAAA - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from me at the top of this thread which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question โœ…

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 52 of 52