x

Presale Fulfillment

Is there a way to create a presale fulfillment option for the online store? We promote and offer presales for a number of products we make, generally starting several weeks before they're available for pickup/delivery/shipping. For example, it'd be great to have a no-earlier-than pickup/delivery window option so customers don't come in before the product arrives. Right now, all we can do is put that the product is only available for presale in the item description...which is problematic given how few customers read the fine print.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi, there! Thanks for posting. 

There is currently not a way to make an item available at a scheduled date, but one thing you can do is have a specific prep time for that specific item set for a few weeks out, or whichever time frame the item will actually be in stock. The only downside to this solution is that you will need to adjust the prep time for that item(s) daily so that your item's prep time reflects the availability time.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Is there any way to customize the prep time beyond the presets? If not, this "work around" won't actually work since the presets are not narrowly defined enough (e.g. 5 business days, 1 week, 2 weeks).

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @capciderhouse - thanks for following up here. I can step in for Ashley on this one. Currently, a customization of prep time is also considered a Feature Request. If you'd like more insight on how these requests are acted upon by our engineering and Product Teams, you can take a look at this helpful resource

Let us know if you have any further questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4