x

SSL Certificate Not Installed Correctly

I set up a weebly website connected to my Square account. I pointed my own domain (registered in Etsy/Pattern) to my Square online store and weebly website. The IP address is set to 199.34.228.164 per instructions and indeed I can navigate to the website using my Microsoft Edge browser. I can navigate through the website and place items into the cart. However, each item has the message "We're not taking orders just yet. Check back soon." and the cart will not let me place the order. My browser says "not secure".  IONOS free online SSL checker says the certificate was not installed correctly.

Session resumption (caching): Not Enabled
Next Protocol Negotiation: Not Enabled
Downgrade attack prevention:
Session resumption (tickets): Not Enabled
Secure Renegotiation: Not Enabled
Strict Transport Security (HSTS):
SSL/TLS compression: Not Enabled
Heartbeat (extension): Not Enabled
RC4: Not EnabledOCSP stapling: Not Enabled

I have been trying to resolve this problem for several days. The only answer I get is that the SSL certificate will enable automatically when the website is published. I have published and unpublished several times during the course of setting up my website. Can you please help? Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi! 

This can be caused when the domain isn’t returning any DNS records. You should talk with the registrar and have them double check that it’s pointed correctly. Once you verify that, I recommend you wait for the changes to propagate then un-publish the site and re-publish it to trigger issuing a new certificate.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂 @mystichollow

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2