x

Square Online: How do I make my first sale?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Help getting my first sale on Square

I'm looking for help setting up my online store and getting my first sale if anyone can help me that would be great I would appreciate getting my business up off the ground if there's any tips or information you can send my way to help me sell products more efficiently online. My website is DurhamBikeShop.Square.Site if you want to check it out that would be great!a Thanks for your suggestions/comments/questions. 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Congrats on setting up your Online Store @DurhamBikeShop

@MattHebb1995 @Michael_L @MonicasAttic Any tips or tricks you'd like to share that would help DurhamBikeShop make their first online sale with Square or help them to manage online sales?

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Congrats on setting up your Online Store @DurhamBikeShop

@MattHebb1995 @Michael_L @MonicasAttic Any tips or tricks you'd like to share that would help DurhamBikeShop make their first online sale with Square or help them to manage online sales?

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

Hey, good luck with your bike store shop!

Obviously - spend time reading the documentation and support that's already out there, you'll find a lot of useful articles on the Square website already.

My expertise is photography - when I click on 'Shop All' I see that there are a number of items with no photo and it looks like some of the photos aren't entirely what you will get when you order. For example, a 'bicycle motor' appears to include footrests, so is it a motor conversion kit or just the motor?

To get better photos for your site, you might want to buy a small 'light tent' or 'photography light box' on Amazon; they are very cheap and can help you take nice photos of your smaller products even if you're just shooting the photos on your cell phone.

Good luck out there!

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 3 of 11
Beta Member

Congratulations on setting up your website using the Square Online store @DurhamBikeShop!

Photos are key to sales success. Your manufacturers should be able to provide you with stock photos for your merchandise. Just ask your sales rep. If necessary, resize the photos to fit the frame for the website. If you don't have photo editing software, you can use Canva quickly resize your photos to a square shape. When the photo fits into the preview frame perfectly, clients are more likely to click on that item. 

Instead of leaving a photo area blank so it looks incomplete, put up an image of your logo with a "photo coming soon" caption. 

Product descriptions are important. Give as much detail as you can in the description. You don't get to talk to your customers when they are shopping online, so the description is where you can say everything about the product you would tell them in person. If you get the same question about a product in your store add that detail into your product descripiton.

Use social media! Add your social media links to your square store. When you add new products, tell everyone on your social media. Tell them they can buy it online through your store. I find for me, that's the number one way I drive online sales. Do live or pre-recorded videos about your products and give your website address lots and include it in the caption. Social media is a great way to remind your clients to check out your website. 

Most of all, have fun!

Use photos that represent your business. I use many of the "free photos" available to the Square Online store because they are perfect to represent what I'm saying and easy to use. Use fun and friendly language, even be silly if you have a good sense of humour. 

Enjoy your online store!

Message 4 of 11
Admin

Thank you very much @MonicasAttic and @Michael_L for taking the time to share your advice! I hope it helps @DurhamBikeShop!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 11

Im new

Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Manzi,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question and other sellers provided some helpful tips!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11

Im Blu and i just opened an online store. If you have any advice please help me.

Message 8 of 11

Hey @Blu292 and congrats on your new online store! ๐ŸŽ‰

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same exact question and some of our sellers provided really helpful tips.

Check out their answers above for more details. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ashley C
Message 9 of 11

We've built our store and been online for several months. How do we get noticed?

Message 10 of 11

Hey @TheSurrey and welcome to the Seller Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread where some sellers went over some tips that help them with their online stores.

There's also this thread from one of our Account Management team members that goes over boosting sales with social media you can check out too!

Happy selling and best of luck! ๐Ÿคž

Ashley C
Message 11 of 11