x
Super Seller

Subscription rabbit hole

OK - a rare moan from me! 

I've always liked Squares pricing structure, but now I'm getting confused (& annoyed). 

I pay for my site hosting, getting relatively little more than the free plan - but the key thing is removing the Square branding for me. 

I liked the idea of local delivery - but this is going to be a paid per use add on for all. 

I liked the idea of marketing emails, but the system told me I needed to upgrade to use them. So I did - more than doubling the monthly cost. It seems that this isn't even a feature included with the online store subscription, it's yet another add on (with very limited features compared to the competition for the price). 

I think Square are trying to give away too much for free, and then overcharging/overcomplicating (for the few extra features) it for those who want/need the little extra bits. I feel like things are overpriced (like the marketing emails) simply because they're linked up. 

I'm now having to think if it's even worth the £12 a month for the entry level online plan compared to the free one. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Sam_400º, thank you for your feedback!

I've flagged this to the appropriate team and there are plans in the work to improve features & how they work on the Square Online Store. Once I have an exact ETA on the updates, I will be sure to let you know. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content