x
Super Seller

Text messages not using local date format

Text messages are using the US format for dates mm/dd/yyyy. 

This should respect the local format, i.e. we're in Melbourne Australia so date format should be dd/mm/yyyy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @Smithward,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you able to send me a PM with some screenshots and details about which notification SMSes are impacted? I'll pass this info on to our support team to investigate further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Super Seller

Thanks, I've PM'd a screenshot.

edit: sorry, just saw the later replies. Will wait for it to roll out.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Thanks @Smithward,

I've replied to your PM, for general visibility we have a bug report for this issue and are working towards a resolution.

I'd encourage any impacted merchants to PM me a screenshot of the issue if it is still occurring as of today, and I can follow it up further with our engineering team.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Pretty sure this has been raised and acknowledged before (a month ago) ...
Was it resolved? Otherwise I'm tipping it's the same text message, as there aren't many texts that get sent via the system ... right?
https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online-Store-Discussion/Text-message-for-pickups-quot-You-...

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @Smithward and @Remi,

I did some investigating and it looks like the issue has been resolved for new accounts, and it's due to be fixed for existing accounts soon. I'm following the open ticket we have for this and will provide further updates as to the fix for existing accounts as soon as I hear more!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

So ... given it's been a week. How's the 'active' ticket going?

Out of interest, why are new accounts treated differently to existing? And what else are new accounts getting that old aren't ... and vice versa?
I'm sure a lot of users will appreciate the transparency.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hey @Remi,

I've received no updates on this issue so far this week, as always I'll be sure to update our Sellers here when I have more information!

From what I understand, from an engineering standpoint making the change was fairly simple for new accounts, whereas making the adjustment on existing accounts requires significantly more development work.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 8