x

UK Address format

I currently use Square as a payment processor and Big Commerce as a e-commerce website provider. I’d like to use the Square Online Store, but can’t get through the US address formats.

is there any way to avoid State and use County, and treat the UK as the UK and not break it down into states (ENG, SCO, NIR etc) which irritates UK customers?

Message 1 of 12
Report Inappropriate Content
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hi @SpikeUK, thank you for flagging this!

Currently this is a feature request. We've flagged this to our Product team so that the address format can be fully localised. I'll reach out to the team again to check on the progress, once I have an update, I'll be sure to reach out and let you know.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 12

We really, really need this feature too for our customers, please. We're UK-based and being restricted to just US address format in the online checkout really doesn't match our traditional brand.

Also, the phone number defaults to the US which again doesn't sit well with our customers and brand. Thanks, Matt

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Thanks for letting us know, @MattMM. It has been raised a feature request to our Product team.

With regards to the phone number, it should default to the UK format. Would you mind sending a link to your website so I can test and check it on my end to make sure everything is working as they should?

Tra
Message 4 of 12

It's in development at https://muntons.square.site/ 

The phone number in the checkout seems to default to US format.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 5 of 12
Admin

Thanks for that @MattMM! It looks like the checkout page was updated recently but the phone number should defaulted to the UK. I've reached out to our e-commerce expert team and ask them to investigate. Once I have an update from them, I'll reach back out and let you know here. 

Tra
Message 6 of 12
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

Could you provide a link here to the product feature request post? 

Thank you

Alex Jessey
Message 7 of 12
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

We are experiencing this issue in Square Invoices where my colleague is seeing all dates in the USA format which is not helpful. Strangely, mine are shown in the UK format.

Please provide a way of showing all dates in the correct format for the location of the user, eg DD-MM-YYYY for UK. 

Thank you 

Alex Jessey
Message 8 of 12
Admin

Hi @amjessey, would you mind checking with your colleague and see if the language/date settings on his devices and browsers have been set to English (UK) rather than US? That usually help to correct the date format.

We're actually using this post to track feature request for the issue related to UK address format. If there's a different feature you are looking for, please let me know and I can have a look here!

Tra
Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

Thank you. 

We have checked his language/date settings and they are set to UK but the issue persists.

NB he is using Chrome OS (Chromebook) and I am using Windows 10. 

Alex Jessey
Message 10 of 12
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @amjessey! That's quite strange, it should work regardless of the operating system. It's worth making sure that not only the language/date on the device is set to UK, the language and date for the browser itself should be set to UK as well. 

If he tried to see the invoices with a different device, does ti also appear in US date format for him? 

Tra
Message 11 of 12
Super Seller

I'll check again on these and reply. Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 12 of 12