x

Web Traffic Stats not showing?

Hi all, i published a day ago and i know people have visited my site via instagram paid promos and just friends in general. but all my stats show 0, why is this? its fairly significant if i cant track my insights.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @jssportprints,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your ecommerce insights!

What plan are you currently subscribed to? Presently insights are available on the Performance and Premium plans. If you're definitely subscribed to one of these, it's possible the stats took a little while to populate - are you still seeing 0 visits to your store?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

I recently built my website and have been looking at the site visits.  I just started an online show 2 days ago so I know there has been traffic to my website because I've had sales.  When I look at insights for "today", everything shows up as zero.  So I figured maybe it doesn't update until midnight.  Nope, yesterday's stats when I enter the custom date, are still showing up as all 0's.  Anyone have insight into "insights" at all?  There are numbers when I look at a 7 day or 30 day report.

Message 3 of 14
Alumni

@paintedspring - Sorry if we caught this post late.  Are you insights populating now or are you still seeing 0? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 14

I launched my site today and I am not seeing any insights. I know people have visited the site. I have visited my site and that doesn’t show up either. I have a Performance sight. Am I doing something wrong? 

Message 5 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lick_nd_Stick,

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to our community 👋

It looks like we might have to take a look into your account to troubleshoot this issue. Unfortunately, we're not able look into accounts via our community forum. Please log into your Square account, and then head here to reach out to support by phone or email.

Message 6 of 14

I am having the same problem and have updated browser and cleared cookies, we are on Performance so it should work.   But hey, its Sunday so no support today

Message 7 of 14

Hey @olliepri,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about the trouble here! Support will be available to look into this further with you tomorrow. Please reach out on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or feel free to send support an email here

Message 8 of 14

Yep, I'm having a similar issue (on Professional Plan, new user). For me there's seemingly a 24 hour lag in all the Site Traffic and Site Activity reports. There was also a discrepancy between the numbers displayed in the Overview tab vs the numbers in the Reports tab. 

I need to be able to trust the site traffic/activity numbers, and as part of that, I need to know how they are calculated. Currently I don't trust these numbers and it is not transparent...

Message 9 of 14
Admin

Hey @DGSC,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear you're having trouble with these reports.

You might be able to get more insight into what's happening here by getting in touch with support - they'll be able to take a look into the account and at your reports, and potentially offer any solutions or explanations for what you're seeing.

Give us a call on 1800 760 137, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST!

Do please let us know if this is something that's able to be solved or cleared up!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 14

Thanks Seamus. Square gave me a call and said that there is a 24 - 48 hour lag on the site traffic numbers and that I may wish to link with Google Analytics. I'm happy with the lag, I just needed the confirmation that it was not a bug.

Cheers!

DGSC

Message 11 of 14
Admin

Thanks for checking back in @DGSC!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 12 of 14

Mine eventually populated about 36 hours later

Message 13 of 14

Glad to hear they populated, @olliepri 🙂 Please let us know if you have any further questions, or issued, we're happy to help!

Message 14 of 14