x

Appointments: Can customers prepay using e-transfer for online booking services?

Hi

I offer online booking for beauty services. I mostly accept e-transfer but usually this is after the service is complete. Can I offer customers to book online and have the choice to pay via e-transfer prior to attending their appointment?

Also is there a place for them to complete booking forms such as COVID pre-check?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kcbrows can you please let me know what you mean by e-transfer? Are you thinking like Venmo or Square Cash? The only way customers will be able to pay for their appointments is by credit card, cash, or marking a transaction as paid for by "other," so if they pay you vai e-transfer outside of Square, then you can mark their appointment as paid for by "other" to mark it as completed and still keep track of the sales. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Hi

Yes e-transfer as in recieving payment outside of square. They simply send money via e-mail. So how do i create the option of paid by other? Where exactly on the set up can i add this?

Message 3 of 8

This will be an option provided in the Point of Sale app or the Dashboard when you are marking an item as paid. In the POS app, you can hit charge, then you will see "Other" at the bottom of the payment options. If you don't, head to Settings > Payment Methods in the app to turn it on.

It will be a default option if you're marking an invoice as paid. You will need to click More > Add Payment > Record Payment > Other.

AshleyK
Message 4 of 8

Thanks so much i will check it out. However what about the service appointments that clients can book online? So items that are not products but rather a service. Many clients will be able to book online in advance but may want to pay in full before attending. Is there an option for them to pay online (using other for e-transfer) in their own space?

Message 5 of 8

You can accept prepayment for your services too! ๐Ÿ™‚

To set up prepayments:

1. Visit Settings > Payments and Cancellations in your online Square Appointments dashboard.
  2. Select Require Prepayment.
  3. Add your cancellation policy > click Save.
AshleyK
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the answer. Is it still possible to do this in 2024? I'm considering moving my invoicing over to Square, however most of my clients pay by e-transfer.

Message 7 of 8

Hi @keeganlarose 

Welcome to our Seller Community! 

Yes, you can mark transactions as paid using the "Other tender" option, which means Square won't be processing any funds and you have received them directly from the customer. Sellers often use this option for e-transfers, store credit, etc. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Thank you โœจ

Frances
Message 8 of 8