x

Feature Request: More Pickup Prep Time Options

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator for clarity.]

Hi,

I'd like to request that the team adds "10 minutes" as a pickup time interval. In a cafe environment, there's a big difference between 5 minutes of prep (too short when there's several orders) and 15 minutes of prep (too long when there's just an order or two).

Right now the options are: immediate, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hr, 1.5 hrs, etc.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@AirPlay - Totally understand that prep time doesn't offer the ability to customize times. I don't have an exact ETA for the inclusion of this feature, but we're definitely working on improving prep time settings. We continually make changes and improvements based on seller feedback, so keep it coming! 

We'll keep you posted when there's info to share! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @gelatofiasco

Welcome back to the Community. 

Thank you for the feedback - I would be happy to pass this along to our Online Team so they can see it. 

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out. This will help evolve the Online Store for our Sellers. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 42

We see that 10 minutes is now an option. Thank you for making this update!

Message 3 of 42

Hi Team

Can we organise more time intervals for order prep times. We are a takeaway pizzeria and ordinarily a prep time of 15mins is suitable for standard operating times, however during "busy" periods, 15mins is too short and 30mins is too long.

Can we organise more prep time intervals?

Thanks

Amalfi Pizzeria Team

Message 4 of 42
Admin

Hey @Amalfitano,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I don't have an ETA for the release of this specific feature, however I am aware our team are working on a lot of new features and refining existing ones for Online Store. We'll be sure to update this forum as we release new features, I can ping you in this thread as well!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 42

Thanks for the update! Look forward to hearing about the release!

Message 6 of 42
Beta Member

Why are there presets at all? just make it to where we can select any amount of time we want. so easy to change.

Message 7 of 42

Yeah we really need this too. 15, 20, 25, 30mins etc

Message 8 of 42
Admin

Hey @Rancho,

Thanks for the feedback!

I've passed it on to our product team - additional order prep time options are a feature we're tracking, I can totally see that having more granular increments would be useful. I'll post back here if I hear any news relating to more prep time options becoming available!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 42

Would love to get a 20 minute option added as soon as possible. 

Message 10 of 42
Beta Member

Please just open the timing to any time amount. We would like to adjust as business adjust. 15,20,25 etc. 

should be a super simple change. Would be very helpful. thank you 

Message 11 of 42

We could also use some additional Prep Time options. The GAP between 2 hours and 5 hours does not work for us. Please just add either more option, or allow custom prep times.

Thank you.

Message 12 of 42
Alumni

Best Answer

@AirPlay - Totally understand that prep time doesn't offer the ability to customize times. I don't have an exact ETA for the inclusion of this feature, but we're definitely working on improving prep time settings. We continually make changes and improvements based on seller feedback, so keep it coming! 

We'll keep you posted when there's info to share! 

Justin
Message 13 of 42

Just checking in on this feature - we'd really love to have 24-hour hard window instead of 1 business day.

Message 14 of 42
Alumni

No update to share on this front just yet, @NamuSF - but we'll be sure to drop back by and update this thread when additional changes are made to the Order prep time settings. Make sure that you're subscribed to this thread if you'd like to receive a notification when a post is added here.

Valentina
Message 15 of 42
Beta Member

Why would this take so long to implement. Just change the form setting to an open choice on time instead of preset choices. 

Message 16 of 42

So it appears that now 10 and 20 minute prep times are an option, but when you go to update Order Limiting it keeps your previous setting which in our case was 15 minutes.  Can you please help?

Message 17 of 42
Beta Member

Hi there, as we adapt to new circumstances due to Covid-19, we've done a great job maintaining our family business operating thanks to the online website integrated with Square, it has been incredible to have this option to keep operating our Restaurant.

One issue I have is that the handling time for pick up orders its done thinking about retailers rather than Restaurants, and we need some flexibility in this.

The only options available are 5, 10, 15 and it jumps to 30 minutes. We need something in between and I would say ALL restaurant community would agree with me on this.

I can have our team members prepare food in 15 minutes, but somethings its not long enough as customers will arrive in 7 and will be waiting for their order, I would love the option of having 20-25 minutes intervals added to the list.

Thank you,

Alonso

Message 18 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Alonsotr thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community. I've merged your post with an existing thread where other sellers are also requesting this feature, or one similar to it. I agree that having the ability to put in more specific prep times could be really beneficial to our sellers and I will continue to bubble this feedback to the development team. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 19 of 42
Beta Member

Please add a 20 min option for prep time! we need it. Got lots of angry customers..

Message 20 of 42
Beta Member

Yesterday vwe encounter a problem, usually our orders take 15 to make and thar is what is set up in Square online. This customer ordered 12 different items and it took longer like 40 min (we are a food truck, limited capacity) . It would je great if 5 orders or more set to 30 min and 10 or more to 45 and so on. 12 items wont take 15 min ever. 

Vero
Message 21 of 42