x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Showing product variation images for menu page

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Product Variation Images Preview]

Another thing I've noticed is that products with images for variations don't get previewed in the online order layout. The featured image is fixed. Is there a way round this without using the normal shop layout?

I'll give an example. For instance if I had a menu item called 'Milkshakes' then had variants including different sized bottles or brands and had a different image for each one, the issue that I'm facing with the online order layout is that when a customer selects a certain variant the image doesn't get displayed where the header is on the preview box. So really there isn't any point having an image for each variant as they can't be viewed in the current layout.

Is there any chance for this to be implemented? All that needs to be done is for the header image of the preview box on the online order layout to change when selecting a different variant of that product so it's not just the main image being displayed across the board.

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @thecafeguy, thank you for bringing this to our attention! There is no workaround for this as far as I'm aware. At the moment, only the Shop All template has the functionality to showcase product variation image.

It's a great feature to have so I'll be sure to pass your suggestion to our Product team.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 7

Any update on this feature being added?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for reaching out, @Zim! I've checked on my end but there hasn't been any update on this feature request just yet. When I have more information, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 7

Any update on this?

Message 5 of 7

Hi there, I'm really interested in this feature too. Any updates on this?

It looks like it was initially requested in 2020. Please make this possible. It makes a great deal if difference to the buyer's experience. 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @puprikaboutique thanks for your post. 

I had a look at the Order Online template today and I was able to enable the hover effect for variations. 

It won't automatically change the image but if the customer hovers over the item itself they'll see the variation image. 

Would this option be of benefit to you? You can enable it from Item Images in Square Online. 

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 11.35.00.png

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 7 of 7