x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Time Limiting Products

We've just launched our Takeaway service via Square as it was the best on the market in terms of features, pricing and support. 

We are a Pub/Restautant and In light of the COVID situation, many are requesting takeaway meals. 

We've setup multiple menus for Lunch, Evening and Sunday takeaway but it seems there is a useful feature thats missing. 

For example our Sunday Lunch menu is only available on a Sunday but at present it can be ordered for pickup Monday - Saturday. 

Some form of time limiting option would be good to restrict certain products to only be available on certain days. 

The only way I can see it working would be to mark the sunday items as out of stock and then mark them as in stock on saturday - however this is time consuming and would prevent people from having the ability to order ahead (ie order on Friday for a Sunday collection). 

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@Newdawninn - I'm with you on this! Would be so useful to mark items only available at certain times. 

While far from perfect, I've got a bit of a work around for you:

Set up several location within your main Square dashboard. One for each service period you want to isolate.  (these will all need a bank account associated, but can be the same one). 

Make sure you make your items available only at the locations/service slots you want them to be ordered in. 

When the weebly dash catches up with your new locations you can go in & activate them, giving each their opening hours - this is the bit that will let you control when items can be ordered. 

Job done 👍🏻 

Weebly will only (currently) let your customers check out for one location, so if they're ordering Sunday lunch they'd not be able to add a Wednesday lunch panini. 

Sam 🍕

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Thanks for bringing this to light @Newdawninn @Sam_400º. I can definitely see how implementing this feature request would be be helpful and also make life a lot easier.

I'll be sure to pass this feature request along to our developers. 👍

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @Sam_400º  This sounds like it should work a treat. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to allow customers to pre order items but collect during  limited collection times.  How does that work with actually getting the orders through? can orders for different locations all come through the same devices & printers also ?

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hi @Gary55, there's a new feature called time-based categories that may help with this! With time-based categories, you can set it so items are only available during certain time. Customers can order ahead for pickup when they change their pickup time from ASAP to Later on the page. 

ink - 2020-11-13T114332.871.png

You'll need multiple devices for orders from multiple locations to be received and printed out. However, all the devices can be connected to the same printer. 

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen Thanks for the quick response. This was the option that I initially tried but it doesn't actually achieve what I am trying to do right now. Although I think I this feature will be great in the future once we expand back into our more traditional restaurant model and especially linked in with the self serve ordering.

Right now I need to find a way to allow people to order the item at any time upto a fixed cut off time for fixed collection times (and dates ideally, think a special halloween item would run just 1 weekend, but Christmas would run for 4 weekends in December)

The item is available for collection on specific Fridays Or Saturdays between 12 & 2pm but needs to be ordered by end of day before. So with a 5 hour prep time the item never actually becomes available. 

Not sure if this is possible to make a feature request

It's possible I have just not been setting this up correctly but we have plenty of iPads laying around since the slow down so I will probably try @Sam_400º work around for the moment.

Thanks again

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @Gary55. I think at the moment the feature is not completely built out for what you are looking for since while you can limit the time an item is available, there isn't a way to assign a specific date or collection time to it yet and customers will always be able to choose when they want to collect the item or is there a way to set a cutoff time.

I will be sure to flag this to our Product team as a feature request. In the meantime, let know if the workaround suggested above will work for you! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 7 of 7