x

Can Square take payments from prepaid Regional Travel Card in NSW, AUSTRALIA.

Can Square take payments from prepaid Regional Travel Card in NSW, AUSTRALIA.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @aquileon,

Thanks for reaching out!

Good question - this isn't one I've seen before. Generally speaking, Square is currently compatible with Visa, MasterCard, Amex and EFTPOS cards via chip or tap in Australia. Does the card have one of those 4 payment provider logos on it?

Does it have a chip or tap and go functionality? Do you know if they card is restricted for use at certain business types?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

For some reason I can't even process mastercard, viasa etc prepaid cards! I have tried swiping, entering the card number etc. None of it works .... It is quite embarrassing and there is no one to call for help

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SeasonalThr,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering these issues when attempting to process prepaid cards.

The Square Point of Sale app can process prepaid cards with the Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and JCB logo. Out of curiosity, are you receiving the same error message when attempting to process these cards? 

In the meantime, I've included a link to our Payment Failure Troubleshooting guide. This guide covers the common error messages you might encounter in your app when trying to process a payment.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Support Team on 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time). Please bear in mind that our Square Support will be closed for the ANZAC Day public holiday on Thursday, April 25th.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4