x

Canadian Inspection business: How to set up Square to estimate and invoice?

Is the following scenario possible for a Canadian business or any business for that matter:

• My Canadian inspection business is based on assessing over 500 various types of information.
  • These items of information are unequally divided into Categories and Sub-Categories.
  • Not all Categories, Sub-Categories, or information types are applicable to every situation.
  • There are more than 5 Categories.
  • There are more than 80 Sub-Categories.
  • Each Category includes two or more Sub-Categories.
  • Each Sub-Category includes two or more types of information to be inspected.
  • Each of the 540 types of information has a dollar value that varies from item to item.

For a Point of Sale Estimate and Invoice,

This is how I think a POS should be laid out:

1. The first question asked would be what type of customer the estimate represents. This would actually be a multiplier to establish various pricing thresholds.
  2. Next, the main menu board should show each Category as an icon.
  3. When clicking on a Category, a second menu board of Sub-Categories that are applicable to the selected Category are displayed.
  4. I would then select the Sub-Categories by tapping on the corresponding icon block.
  5. Each Sub-Category has a value that would be adjusted by the overall customer pricing threshold in "1.0" above.
  6. Some Sub-Categories may be used multiple times - I should be able to add more or take some away when setting up the estimate or order.
  7. Once all the Categories and Sub-Categories have been selected,
  8. The items chosen are shown on an estimate that can with approval be converted to an invoice that the customer can pay in full, or pay 50/50, or secure with a deposit with full payment at time of the field survey.

Is this possible in SquareUp and is this possible in Canada using Square?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@Sled_Doggy  I believe you can achieve most of what you want, as for icons I'm not sure. You can create different types of customer inquiry forms or invoices and attach custom contracts for client to fill out. You can send out custom invoices or job quotes as well. The invoices will also have a pay link embedded as well for them to pay from. Square is actually a robust platform but takes alot of navigating to get used to.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 2 of 2