x

How to accept mobile SmartPay

Is there any settings I need to be aware of to accept apple pay, googlepay, android pay from my square reader. If the green 4 green lights don’t come up after holding customers mobile near reader, what do I do instead of asking for their card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Hands4healing,

Thanks for reaching out!

Apple and Google pay via NFC should work with Square Readers in the exact same way as a normal contactless card payment works - I've used Apple Pay plenty of times myself with Square Readers so it should definitely work!

With that said, the card would need to be issued by a standard card provider or bank/credit union - there are some newer Apple/Google Pay cards coming onto the market that are issued by "Buy Now Pay Later" apps such as Afterpay and ZipPay that unfortunately won't natively work with Square.

Do you happen to have any more info on who the card provider was here?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thx I will have to set up my own phone to do smart pay to test it. I managed to charge customer as they had their card on hand. It was just a bit inconvenient as he had to drop out to his car to get it. The chip and the Square reader are definitely connected as I have been accepting tap and go payments via cards ok. thx for you input and reply.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Hands4healing can I also confirm exactly what you mean by SmartPay? As far as I know this is a company who also provides EFTPOS machines in the Australian market.

If you have a standard Apple or Google Pay functionality attached to a card from a bank though, this should work with Square! It's primarily the ones provided by Afterpay etc that won't yet work.

All the best! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4