x

Kipping past "Enter Order Number"

We are having an intermittent problem when finalizing orders, the "enter Ticket Number" is be bypassed and therefore not printed on the docket, forcing staff to run from one end of the floor to the kitchen to write the number on the docket.

Has anyone seen this before and is there a fix?

TIA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Peter2, thanks for reaching out. 

I took a bit of a look into this one and located this older thread that seems to be very similar to the issue you're describing - can you take a look and let me know if this might be what you're experiencing?

If not let me know more about the flow of the orders here - are they coming through point of sale, are you using the open tickets function? If you go to the printer station on the app, there are a few settings there you can try changing that relate to ticket numbers.

Let me know a bit more and I can see what this may be! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Seamus,

Thanks for your reply, it sounds similar, however, we are not saving orders.

It's the last step before taking payment, we use this to enter a buzzer number so if there's no number the kitchen does not know who the order belongs too.

As this is intermittent we hit the top left X on payment which takes us back to the order, then select the first food order and add a note like #25.  This only started happening last week, however, I was only told today.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Peter2,

Got you - that sounds frustrating!

I'd be getting in touch with our support team for further help here - they will be able to take a better look into the account setup from the backend and troubleshoot from there.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4