x

Price-Embedded Barcodes are NOT scanning successfully

I have followed the exact instructions laid out in the official documentation on this page:

https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/7419-scanning-bar-codes-from-label-printing-scales-on-point-...

I have confirmed that the item SKU is set up, that the product is set to sell by weight, that my barcode format meets the specific requirements, the SKU is five digits, the price component is five digits, yet when I scan a price embedded barcode into the Scanner field in Virtual Terminal, I get an error message stating that my SKU is not created. It then prompts me to create a SKU.

I have tried both UPC-A and EAN-13 with the required price-embedded precursor digits 02 (EAN) / 2 (UPC).

I have also confirmed that my scanner hardware is functioning. I am able to capture the barcode value in Excel as expected.

Frustratingly, when I scan a simplified barcode ie: one that contains SKU-only, the line item creates in the sales order, but then I am required to enter pricing information. It therefore appears to me that the price-embedded barcode scanning functionality is NOT working. 

According to the Square documentation, by scanning a price-embedded barcode, I am expecting the scanning function to extrapolate the SKU, which would create the line item, as well as the pricing component, which would populate the price field. 

I am NOT getting this expected result.

I have contacted  Square Support and they did not provide an adequate response. 

Please can someone weigh in on whether this functionality works for them and if so, what steps are you taking to ensure success.

Or, if anyone else is having issues with this functionality, please also comment. 

I am hoping that someone from Support can tell us if this functionality is out of service or whether I am simply doing something wrong.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

I can also see that this user also raised the same concern last year. 
https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Price-Embedded-Barcodes-on-Square-for-Retail

Message 2 of 2