x

Register and Printing Order Tickets

We recently upgraded to the Register from an iPad. We use it to process in-person retail orders as well as online orders for pickup and shipping.

I want to use the printer to print the online order tickets, that's working fine.

Problem is when we ring a customer through for a retail purchase it prints an order ticket every time. We don't want those, it's a waste of paper. I don't see where I can turn those off.

My second problem comes from what is printed on each ticket. From the iPad the online order tickets showed weather they were pickup or shipping, what the shipping address is, what the scheduled pickup time is. 

Online tickets from the register have none of this information. Each ticket looks exactly the same weather it's for shipping or pickup.

Is there an option somewhere to turn on the better tickets from the iPad.

So far i'm disappointed in the register. The customer side experience is much better, but the store side experience is much worse.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @itjk,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about the frustrating experience with your Square Register so far. 

To customise which tickets are automatically print, tap on the menu > Settings > Printers. Tap on your printer station and scroll to Print on this Device to select which tickets you'd like to print automatically. In regards to the different information printed on order tickets on your iPad, compared to your Register - would you be able to send through photos of what each receipt looks like from your end? Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reply. I’ll get some photos together of the differences of the tickets. 
The problem is when I turn off being able to print order tickets, it does stop automatically printing tickets for every transaction, but I’m also no longer able to print tickets for my online orders. None of this was an issue on the iPad. 

Message 3 of 6

I'm also wondering whether you're using the Standard Point of Sale, or Square for Restaurants, or Square for Retail? 

Message 4 of 6

I am using Square for Retail on both platforms. 

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for confirming,@itjk! When you're in Settings and scroll to Orders > Print Orders > is Automatically Print New Orders turned on? 

Message 6 of 6