x

Remove Default Categories from Library

Remove Default Categories from Library

Having a set of default, unremovable categories that takes up more than 3/4 of the Library screen is untenable.  I'd wager the majority of Square users don't use Gift Cards or Rewards; a few probably use discounts and service charges.

We should have the ability to edit/remove/hide categories on the library screen.  As a Square user for both my personal business and as head (read: only) IT guy for a local nonprofit, being able to remove the useless-to-us categories would save me SO MUCH PAIN from volunteers getting "lost" because they hit the wrong category. 

(Yes, I created a for-dummies document that a lobotomized kindergartner could follow.  No, it didn't help.  Anyone who's worked with people will understand...there's always that one person who couldn't find their a** with both hands and a map, who throws up their hands, turns off their brain, and wails for help the second they get slightly confused.  Usually while you're elbow deep in something else, but their problem is the most important thing in the world!)

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Option to remove "Redeem Rewards" and/or "Gift Cards" from

I know they added more unwanted items on the main screen, but Square thinks by adding the one grid to our phone has helped. We are at farmers markets, craft shows and concessions where speed is key. We have our iPad set up grid style that helps. When I have a line and have to use my phone one grid are area doesn’t help. Make the option happen to turn off unnecessary items. We are a community asking of Square to please offer this as a way to speed up our transactions. For the love of pete sakes hear our words! We need a toggle to turn off those unwanted items! TOGGLE SWITCH TURN OFF ITEMS UNNEEDED!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Option to remove "Redeem Rewards" and/or "Gift Cards" from

Now the “new” home screen has 5 lines of unneeded space hogs instead of 2 lines of useless functions.  On my phone (which is the ONLY way I use square) I can only see two of my items, but I have two scroll up to see my menu.  I work farmers markets where transaction speed in incredibly important, every step slows down sales.  It is hard to fathom that SQUARE could make the issue worse than it was.  

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Remove Redeem Rewards from Item List

Hi there!

The Redeem Rewards selection cannot be removed completely, however using your "Items Grid" you can customize what appears as available to select. 

Head over to our Support Center to read more about the Items Grid.

176 Comments
Beta Member

These two items take up space and I will never use them.  There should be a way to remove them off the checkout library 

Beta Member

I use a Square Terminal, which has been great except I also have the same problem that many, many, many, many, many,,,, others have reported. The Redeem Rewards and Gift Card items in my Library list are at the top and take up important space on my Terminal screen. I really need to be able to remove these. Please fix this.

How many people have to ask for this before any action is taken? It is a simple request. Either allow your "Customers" to "Remove Redeem Rewards and Gift Card Entries or decide where on the list they appear or put them at the bottom of the list".

It's 2021 and these 2  obnoxious Redeem Awards and Gift Cards still show up in my library.   When is there a fix for this?  I just use my terminal to charge debit/credit card only with 1 single item in my library. 

IN DISBELIEF - how is it possible that square up's coders have not been able to remove or hide "Redeem Rewards" and "Gift cards" on terminals? You guys are kidding right? You have a delete process for every item added, just add this one and get it over with. Whatever manager is selling you the B.S Idea that we are going to buy gift cards should be laughed at and demoted. To think that we will sell a financial instrument for you just because you force us to stare at the wasted space you took away from our terminal real estate is stinking thinking and quite possibly criminal. FIX THIS! Also, add a sort feature to the creation item list as No body ever enters a neat and tidy list of items correctly the first time. Get it together Squareup.

I agree. We are a nonprofit organization and do not have rewards or gift cards available. These two buttons take up a lot of space on our newly acquired square terminal and we would like for them to be removeable. 

I just installed the Square Application and I'm able to process transactions everything works great. But in the App when I click "Library" there are 2 items I cannot remove. 

"Gift Cards" and "Redeem Rewards"

How can these be removed from the list of items?

I do not understand what those are and I'm unable to remove them.  Screenshot_20210218-120818.png

Admin

While you cannot remove the gift cards, you can remove loyalty if you don't use it. Are you subscribed to Square Loyalty @pm74

Let me know! 👩🏼‍💻

No, I'm not subscribed to anything like this. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @pm74

Stepping in for @isabelle here.

You would not have the option to remove the "redeem rewards" from the library screen.

This is a default option of the app and does not appear specifically because of an active loyalty subscription. In addition to loyalty rewards, if you use marketing and send out coupons via email campaigns, this is where you would also go to enter those unique 1x codes buyers get within the campaign if it includes a coupon.