x

Selling Product by the Foot/Inch

I have a product that I sell by the foot. How can I set it up in my point of sale. I know the price per foot and price per inch. But how can I set it up so when I select the item, I have a way of inputting the length I need?

e.g. 10ft 9"

Thanks,

Brian Topolinsky
Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @BTopper! Take a look at this article. It walks you through how to set items up with different units of measurement.

Check it out and let us know if you have other questions.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @BTopper! Take a look at this article. It walks you through how to set items up with different units of measurement.

Check it out and let us know if you have other questions.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Not really sure I fully understand how to do this. I sell steel panels by the length. So I need to enter a "foot" price but also a "inch" price. When I enter it in to my pos system I want to be able to sell e.g. 10ft 6inches.?

Brian Topolinsky
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Stepping in for Nika, @BrianTopper - 

There is a way to do this whenever you create the item in your Dashboard. 

Once you start create the item, you will select unit price per foot as the first option, then you will add a variation to add your price per inch. Click save. 

To add this to a transaction, select the product enter the quantity per foot, and add to your transaction. Next add the same item, but select the quantity per inch. 

This would be the best way to accomplish what you're looking for. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4