x
Beta Member

Slow screen response

We have been using square for a year now without screen issues.  Recently we changed to the newest version. Not sure if this is the issue or not but we find that the screen is not responsive when we touch an item on our grid. It fades to state ‘added’ on the item and we have to wait to add multiples. It is frustrating because sometimes we risk undercharging because we thought we tapped 3 times to add 3 of the same items but it only registered 2  (we are a busy bakery at a farmers’ market) or we overcharge because we tap more than 3 times because it appears to not be responding. Is it my iPad or is it the new program? (And yes I know I can go to the item on my receipt and add on a separate page but that is not as efficient for us as customers are buying multiple items and to do this every time is no less frustrating and more time consuming)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

The latency makes me think there's an issue with your internet or the POS app itself. First let's focus on the app itself. Have you tried any troubleshooting yet - like reinstalling the app or ensuring the iOS is updated on your iPad? 

@Srj

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I will make sure I have updated thank you.  We are having to use data as we are at a remote location when using square.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 4

I am actually having a similar experience.  My employees and I have gotten quite fast with keying in dollar amounts on the keypad, but when I first switched to the new Point of Sale, I found that I was actually keying in the numbers faster than the new Point of Sale could acknowledge.  Reverting back to the old Point of Sale experience resolved the issue immediately.

Until this is corrected in the new Point of Sale, I will likely dread the day that the change becomes compulsory, as I imagine many mis-entered dollar values that will create more time and friction in a customer's transaction by having to frequently correct the keypad inputs it did not acknowledge at best or cost my store money due to under-charging at worst.  I'd like to avoid both possible scenarios.

Message 4 of 4