x
Beta Member

Square Terminal - Staff Logon before sale

How do I set up the Square Terminal/s to request a staff pin/code before each sale?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JoJos_Greens,

Thanks for writing back into the Community ๐Ÿ‘‹

Yes, you can enable a passcode requirement on your Square Terminal! Here's how:  

1. On your Terminal tap on the three lines to open the menu.

2. Tap Security > Enable Passcodes > Enable Team Passcode.

3. Customise when a passcode is required, e.g After Each Sale, or a timeout. 

Please let us know how you go ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Thanks for your quick response.
How do I set it up so that each staff member has to enter their own passcode before a sale?
To differentiate staff sales, targets etc.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @JoJos_Greens!

Have you checked out our Team Management features? This is what would allow you to assign passcodes and track sales by team member - note there are free and paid versions, that link shows a breakdown of what's in each.

Let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Thanks Seamus

I have been through the Teams Management site but still am unable to find where I set the 2 x Square Terminals to require a Staff Passcode before each sale.

Teams currently requires that a 'Team Member' is logged into a device, which then doesn't allow others to log in and perform sales under their own User/Staff Passcode.

The requirement is simple, and one that every other POS system has.

Require a staff member to enter their Passcode/Staff code before each sale, so that each sale is recorded against their individual Passcodes.

I simply am unable to find out how to do this with the 2 x new Square Terminals I have.

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@JoJos_Greens have you already set up team member profiles? Once you do you can add passcodes to their profiles via the Team section of your Dashboard.

Click on the Team Member you want to set a passcode for then under Permissions "Edit'"

Then you'll be able to set or generate a passcode!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Yes, done that, but how do I get the POS/Square Checkout to ask for a Passcode before each sale !?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@JoJos_Greens I wonder if having Team Passcode (as in one passcode for the team) on actually over-rides individual passcode? Perhaps try turning it off?

I'm not 100% sure how individual team passcodes work, but this should be doable - in the past I've used the feature on an iPad and it has the staff's initials in one of the corners of the screen - you click on the initials to switch staff member.

With that said, I am not sure if it works the same way on Terminal - if you can't get things running from, please do reach out to our support team for further assistance, and let us know if they are able to provide a solution!

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 8