x

Why are there three dots

I am short 108 dollars.  Square is showing a receipt for this money, it says it was paid by debit/credit.  The icon beside the transaction is not the interact/ cash/ or visa icon it is  three dots in a box.  Can someone please tell me why this is like this and what do I need to do and how to get our money???

thank you!

Nicole

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Three dots indicate that the transaction was processed as "Other tender" at checkout. It wasn't processed as a card payment which means no money was actually taken from the customer's card.

The 'Other Tender' payment type is solely for recording purposes. You'll need to reach back out to the customer to run their card. They can check their bank account for a debit in that amount to assure them. Then refund the initial transaction so your reports are balanced. 

@SpringerRV

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Best Answer

Three dots indicate that the transaction was processed as "Other tender" at checkout. It wasn't processed as a card payment which means no money was actually taken from the customer's card.

The 'Other Tender' payment type is solely for recording purposes. You'll need to reach back out to the customer to run their card. They can check their bank account for a debit in that amount to assure them. Then refund the initial transaction so your reports are balanced. 

@SpringerRV

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2