x

payment not received

Hello  I took a payment for a $500 refundable deposit on November 22/21.

AT the time I did not notice it had not been deposited into my account.  I went to refund the deposit after the guest's stay this August and there is no record of my receiving it however, the guest has a Auth code of R62280 #96QL.  The guest now wants their $500 back which was deducted from their Master Card yet I did not receive the funds.

I have checked all my bank accounts and my Square transactions for that time period.  What happened to my $500?

Thank you Margaret Olney  Kitsilano Garden Suites.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mao, welcome to Square's Seller Community. 

Mmh, that definitely sounds odd. Just to confirm - is this payment not appearing in your transactions at all? Do you happen to have multiple Square accounts? If so, is it possible that you may have logged into the wrong account? 

I unfortunately don't have any visibility of payments on your account, so I'd be unable to check this for you. So if you cannot locate the payment at all, we recommend getting in touch with our Customer Success team on 416-204-0032. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

oh my gosh. This happened to me June 1st too and no one has helped me. My customer got charged a smaller amount $19 and change, but still, I am so upset. I have called so many people at Square, emailed, messaged on social media. No one is helping. My customer has the money taken out of her bank account and never returning. Square says the transaction was void but it wasn't...and we never received the money either....so Square obviously has it.

Message 3 of 6

Hi @EarthMarket 👋 

We have limited access to accounts through this page, so direct support is going to be the best place to direct this. 

Did you customer confirm that it was an actual posted charge, and not just a pending charge on her statement? Has she tried asking the bank to dispute it? If she does a dispute, the bank would be able to initiate the process to Square, and then track down where the money actually landed. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Already tried direct support consistently since June 1st. Spoken to at least 5 different people over the phone and several people over email and even on twitter. No one is doing anything properly and they all keep saying the same thing---that they see its voided, but it is not---she got charged. 

Her bank says the merchant has to be the one to do the refund, they cannot do anything about it (its a bank acct not credit card). It is not pending, it has been full charged. She has shown us her account even.

Message 5 of 6

I'm sorry to hear. 😕 I will see what I can find out from the previous cases, and will ask someone to follow up with you. I

n the meantime, I definitely encourage you to ask her to contact her bank again to initiate a chargeback or dispute. I am not aware of any bank that doesn't have this process, and it's very strange that they are saying that they cannot do it. 🤔 Do you happen to know who she banks through? Maybe the rep she spoke with misunderstood the request?

Message 6 of 6