x
Beta Member

"Unable To Load Image" error when adding a photo to an item using Android devices

If I create an Item on an Android device, phone or tablet, different manufacturers, different Android versions, with the latest version of the Square Android app, when I select the option to either take a photo or add a photo I have previously taken, I receive an error "Unable To Load Image". This has been reported as a bug many times over the last year and I still haven't received a solution.
Does anyone else suffer from the same bug and have you found a workaround? It's driving me crazy having to move to my Windows 10 PC to attach the photos.

Screenshot_20211003-104035_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-104024_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Sorry to hear about this issue, @Coldstream. I'd like to confirm a few details in order to re-open this bug: 

- Which Android devices are you seeing this issue on (make and model)?

- What's the version of Android running on each device? 

- Has this issue been persistent across all devices/ apps, or on and off?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this bug again. 

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Android version 10

Also

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - SM-T510

Android version 11

The feature has never worked.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for these details, @Coldstream - I'll follow up the previous bug about this issue and will get back to you. 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @Coldstream, I just wanted to check in and let you know we're still looking into this further, and I've not forgotten about you. Thank you for your patience! 

Message 5 of 5