x
Beta Member

"Unable To Load Image" error when adding a photo to an item using Android devices

If I create an Item on an Android device, phone or tablet, different manufacturers, different Android versions, with the latest version of the Square Android app, when I select the option to either take a photo or add a photo I have previously taken, I receive an error "Unable To Load Image". This has been reported as a bug many times over the last year and I still haven't received a solution.
Does anyone else suffer from the same bug and have you found a workaround? It's driving me crazy having to move to my Windows 10 PC to attach the photos.

Screenshot_20211003-104035_Square Point of Sale.jpg

โ€ƒ

Screenshot_20211003-104024_Square Point of Sale.jpg

โ€ƒ

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear about this issue, @Coldstream. I'd like to confirm a few details in order to re-open this bug: 

- Which Android devices are you seeing this issue on (make and model)?

- What's the version of Android running on each device? 

- Has this issue been persistent across all devices/ apps, or on and off?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this bug again. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Android version 10

Also

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - SM-T510

Android version 11

The feature has never worked.

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for these details, @Coldstream - I'll follow up the previous bug about this issue and will get back to you. 

Message 4 of 7

Hey @Coldstream, I just wanted to check in and let you know we're still looking into this further, and I've not forgotten about you. Thank you for your patience! 

Message 5 of 7

i'M having this issue today 2/12/2021 why isn't it fixed yet?

Message 6 of 7

Hi @KittyEnsuites, @Coldstream

Apologies on not following up on this earlier! It looks like this error is related to the mobile device, and I've followed up with the team who are still testing, and replicating this issue. 

Message 7 of 7