x
Beta Member

Open Ticket for the 2nd Generation Square Stand (auto-populating customers names for tabs)

I just switched from the 1st generation square stand to the 2nd generation square stand.

I own a bar and with the 1st generation square stand I could swipe the customer's credit card when starting a new open tab and the customers name would populate which was a time saver.

The 2nd genration square stand doesn't have this option with the exception of the add on magstripe reader. The magstripe readers are pretty dinky and not great for high volume. Is there a trick to populating customers' names for new open tickets with the tap or insert function?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Is there any progress on this? It's November 2023 and still doesn't appear to be a professional, high volume way to swipe customer cards to open bar tabs using the 2nd generation Square Stand.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

disappointed no progress on this, yet...slows down bartenders and leaves room for human err when running payment, etc...investment in upgraded hardware shouldn't be a downgrade in software functionality. tap or dip should be able to read the customer info just the same. 

Message 3 of 3