x

Why does the buyer side display of my register not have the same customer creation questions?

I have customized the fields that I need for creating a customer profile. I see the changes on my side of the register, but the changes did not apply to the buyer side. I have restarted the register. Any tips for getting both sides to look the same?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @crossmyheart - Welcome to the Seller Community!

Sorry to hear that your customer display is not working as expected when it comes to your customer profile. We have escalated your question to our team of professionals over in our hardware department. We also suggest updating the Customer Display only by doing a Factory Reset (that's the only way to force install updates to the Display itself). 

In the meantime, feel free to contact our Support Team so they can take a closer look with you and possibly file a Support Ticket for our engineers. 

We will provide more details when we have them. Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 14

@crossmyheart -Thank you for waiting on us patiently while we gathered specific details around your issue. At this time, we can confirm that this is a known issue on our end. We're going to be improving this setting this year, but cannot provide a timeline just yet of when this change will happen. In the meantime, you can add customer information directly from the Customers > Directory tab if you need to fill out a specific field. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will make sure to reach out to you once this has been fully resolved. 

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 14
Beta Member

Is there any way to customize the information gathered on the point of sale sign-up screen on the register?  I see an article from January 2020 saying that it could be done on iPads and would soon be available on other devices.  I only want to collect four pieces of information, but it currently asks for physical address and place of employment, neither of which I need.

Message 4 of 14

Hello, @AbbeDiaz - Welcome back to the Seller Community! 

We'd be happy to help if you can provide us with additional details. Are you wanting to edit the Square customer directory form used to gather personal information for your Square customers? 

We will be on the lookout for your reply. Thank you. 

Sayra
Message 5 of 14
Beta Member

Yes, that is correct.  The form asks for more information than I want to collect.  For example, it asks for employment information, and I do not want that information.

Message 6 of 14

@AbbeDiaz - We appreciate your time and additional details provided. In your Square Online Dashboard, you can configure your Customer profile by heading to Customers > Directory > Configure Profile. Here you can configure the fields you would like to see when asking for information. You can also create a custom field located in the same place on the right hand side (see pictures attached). Please let us know if you were looking for something different. 

Have a good day!  

Sayra
Message 7 of 14
Beta Member

The fields I have marked in "Configure Profile" to show as visible are Name, Phone, Email and Birthday.  However, on my POS system, the question "Where do you work" is visible to the customer, along with the employer address information.  

So, even though I have "Company" marked as an invisible field in "Configure Profile," it is visible to the customer.

How do I remove it?

Message 8 of 14

@AbbeDiaz - We took a look at your account, we can see that you do not have the "Company" name on the form per the screenshot below. Since making the changes on your dashboard have you logged in and out? The changes won't update on your end until this is done. 

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.52.41 PM.png

Hopefully you have been able to figure this out.

Sayra
Message 9 of 14
Beta Member

Hello, Sayra.  I've tried logging in and out multiple times, but the question "Where do you work" (along with the associated information fields) still is visible to the customer.  Please help.

Message 10 of 14

@AbbeDiaz - We appreciate your patience. We have moved your post here, where you can see the answer I provided @crossmyheart. Looks like we discovered the main issue. 

As mentioned, this is a feature request at this time. We will make sure to reach out to you when the changes have taken place. 

Have a wonderful day.  

Sayra
Message 11 of 14
Beta Member

Am I understanding your answer correctly?  You're saying it is a known issue and maybe it will be fixed this year? If that's what you're really saying, it is not a good reflection on Square.

Message 12 of 14

@AbbeDiaz - Thank you for your feedback, we understand your concern. Like most feature requests, we continue to work towards improving the glitches and imperfections that exist within our products. We will make sure to reach out to you once this has been resolved.

Thank you.

Sayra
Message 13 of 14
Beta Member

Thank you, Sayra, but please understand this is not a feature request.  This is a glitch in the Square system that is causing quite a bit of trouble for me.  I'm rapidly growing my email list, and my POS register is tied up while customers are keying in their information.  Even though I tell them to ignore the request for that information, most do not listen, and time is wasted.  Time is money.

Message 14 of 14