x
Beta Member

Sales Tax does not apply

Square has us ready to switch now. Products are not having state sales tax applied when visibility is scheduled. Even when I edit the tax (a process that takes 15 minutes) to apply to all items, it says it’s done, I save it and then check on the square terminal and it says Not Taxed. I want everything taxed. This should not be difficult. I can’t even filter items that are Not Taxed. That’s a horrible oversight, as well. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @NewYorkDiscGolf I'm sorry you're having trouble with your sales tax. Can you check a setting?...if you go to your account > Settings >Business information > Sales tax. Check and see if you have a sales tax setup for your business. It sounds like something may be over-riding your manual addition of the sales tax.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Yes, it is set up. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I am sorry for this experience @NewYorkDiscGolf.  If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our Retail team can dig in with you. 

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here or by dialing 855-700-6000  between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4