x

Use chip/ contactless to start a new ticket on 2nd Gen Square Stand

I own a busy bar and recently upgraded/added two new 2nd gen square stands. We are in the habit of using the magstripe on our 1st gen square stand to quickly save a new ticket. (It automatically puts in the name on the credit card and saves the ticket). The new square stands don't have an integrated magstripe. You can plug in a Square Reader for Magstripe (sold separately)  into the headphone jack on the bottom. (This is also how gift cards are excepted). But now you need to hold the card perfectly perpendicular and swipe from underneath which is awkward and more challenging given that its small and is close to the counter/cash drawer . When things are busy, you just can't swipe and go. The swipe gets missed if the card is at an angle, like if you bump your hand etc. 

I like the integrated chip reader and contactless payment being a part of the new square stand. It was frustrating to have a chip reader disconnect. I'm thinking that won't be a problem now. However, I miss the quick way to save a ticket with someones credit card.

Could the chip or contactless feature be configured to save a ticket the way the magstripe is? Please!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Marta - Welcome back to the Seller Community! 

We appreciate your detailed post related to how the magstripe reader was helping you and your business. We would like to invite you to post your suggestion in our Ideate board where our product team has a lot more visibility. This will also be a place where other Square sellers can chime in to add how this feature can help their business as well.

Have a great day.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Where do I find the "Ideate board"? Could you post a link?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@Marta - Great question! You can fid it here. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4