x

Why doesn't Square calculate change when using PC as terminal?

I have seen tutorials for how to have this feature when using the Square for Retail app on an IoS device but we are using our PC as a register paired with the Square terminal for checkout. While my staff is smart enough to figure the change out in their heads, I don't want to expect this of them during the busy holiday months when they have a line of people waiting to check out.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @LesliePotE

At this time, the Virtual Terminal doesn't support Cash Management. The current option allows you to enter the payment as cash. The reason for this is that we currently don't have a compatible Cash Drawer that would connect to the Virtual Terminal to effectively process Change in transactions.

I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2