x

Custom booking questions and fields?

Custom booking questions and fields?

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't seem to be possible. I just started a small tutoring/academic coaching business and I need to know whether the students are over 18 or not. Ultimately, it's a bit of an honor system thing, but not being able to ask for a parent's name is going to cause problems over the long term for things like processing credit cards and just knowing if the person that I'm scheduling is even legally allowed to enter into a contract or use a credit card.

3 Verified Answers
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to add required custom fields for appointments?

Hey @TrinityTreasure, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and the ability to add customized fields to the booking flow is not available at this time. I can see how this feature would streamline the check-in process for a wide variety of sellers. For now, you may need to verify additional details outside of the app.

We'll circle back with any other developments or solutions as they become available. Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Custom booking questions?

Hi @Thomas2

Welcome to the Seller Community!

Custom booking questions or fields when your customers book appointments is definitely one of the more popular feature requests we've seen. 

Our Product Team is currently tracking this, and your personal use case for age limits is one that I haven't seen before, so thanks for sharing your feedback! Hopefully our Product Team can come up with a solution for this in the near future. 

Currently, the best workaround to collect additional information is to request that it be provided in the appointment notes when they book. Here's a screenshot from the customer booking side for reference: 

You can add instructions to indicate if they're 18+, and if not, to provide their parents name in the Service Description field so your clients can see it when they book. Here's another screenshot of the Service Description section: 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with a workaround that they currently use for their business. 

Let me know if you have any other questions 👍🏼

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointments form

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I know it's pretty generic, but there currently isn’t a way to add custom fields to your online booking site, but this is a popular feature request the Appointments team is tracking.

What would be the reasoning behind changing the "How do we say hello?" section? Our Product Team would love to hear the feedback. 

132 Comments

Does anyone know if this feature request has been implemented yet or if there is an ETA on when it will become available? Looking to add the same thing (custom fields to the appointment workflow)

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @BlueSkies - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this Feature Request.

Custom fields within Square Appointments are still in the process of being developed by our Product Teams. While I don't have an accurate shareable timeline just yet, we will continue to push out any relevant news here on this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Beta Member

Following. Need this update as well. 

I use this app for my grooming clients to schedule their dogs for services. I can customize the customer profile set up, but don't see how I can add "pet name" to the appointments portion. I.e., if a client goes online to schedule, they pick service, date, time and then it only asks for their name, phone and email. I need the pet's name too and I'd like to add a checkbox too. Can this be done?

Admin

Hello @ThePetNanniesWI. Thanks for your question.

This is currently a feature request we're tracking. The only thing I could suggest would be to include some text somewhere (like on a Facebook page or your website- wherever you're sharing your booking link), that asks clients to include their pets names in the "notes" field when making an appointment.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Hopefully we'll be able to share some good news on this thread soon.

Wonder if Square is working on something like Square Forms to get more information when patients/clients make an appointment and thus remove dependence on applications like Acuity scheduling. 

Square scheduling is great but it's annoying that i cannot add text boxes to get more information from clients/patients. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mkosmo thanks for posting! This is still a feature request we are tracking so I've merged your thread with an existing one so we can keep all the feedback in one place. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Hi there! Checking in on the ETA for implementing this feature.

Also wanted to make sure that you have this feature request as "adding custom booking info/questions to appointment scheduling" as you mentioned adding custom fields for invoices.

This feature is something critical for my business (I usually have 5 questions in my appt scheduler). I switched to Square this year after strong reviews, but my last two free tools had this feature the last 5 years. This creates a manual step in my client booking for now, and a less than desirable customer experience. I hope you guys can implement this soon (I would like having all of my tools with Square). Thank you for your help!

Beta Member

This is a MUST needed feature!  Also to be able to add questions to contracts also! 

Yes please. Allow custom field when booking. People rarely read the request to give additional info when booking their appointment under info. If its mandatory they fill it out.