x

Feature Request: Turn off the option to pay once with Square subscription checkout links

Feature Request: Turn off the option to pay once with Square subscription checkout links

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator for clarity.]

I set up a monthly subscription on my website so that customers can pay a monthly fee for unlimited services. It looks great, except for one thing. It gives them the option to "pay once" or "pay monthly". I don't want them to have the option to pay just once. How can I take that option out?

10 Comments

Hello all! 

I'm looking to create a checkout link (for collecting payments) for a digital subscription service.

I love the checkout links, and I've set them up to allow monthly billing. However, I need to remove the option to "pay once" ! The checkout should only allow for monthly billing. 

How can I remove the "Pay Once" radio box? If this isn't possible, where else on Square's platform can I accept monthly payments without an invoice? 

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 11.11.34 AM.png

Square Community Moderator

Hey @TroyMeekhof,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to remove this option. 

This would be a feature request that I'm happy to pass along for you with our Online Store team. 

Please submit another feature request for us as well. We have a one-time payment option, but, need to have an option that is monthly subscription only to avoid confusion. It's surprising that this option isn't available, as it would make sense to include it.

Thanks!

Alumni

It is not currently possible to remove the option to Pay/Donate once or Pay/Donate weekly/monthly/etc, @americantele.

This would be considered a feature request at this time. We'll come back to post an update here if we hear of any updates to the way this feature functions!

This is a problem for me, too, and I would *really* appreciate this getting changed! I've already had 3 customers sign up for what they thought were recurring subscriptions but didn't see that they had to toggle OFF the "Pay Once" option. This is inconvenient and means I have to follow up with all those customers, but, worse, could potentially dissuade them from actually making the recurring payment.

I too would very much like this option.

I would prefer to use square for payments but am currently using a different company in order to avoid this issue.

Hi, I am trying to create an automatic monthly subscription payment but the checkout link is giving customers the option to "pay once." How do I remove that one-time payment option?

Here is the checkout link: 

https://checkout.square.site/merchant/MLD2X10VDVYK9/checkout/AM3JJWX32H4XOYY2ZUMQPYDT

Welcome to the Community, @geilastorga

I clicked the link you provided and was able to see the options to "pay once" or "pay monthly". By chance, do you know what internet browser those customers are using? I would suggest using Google Chrome to see if that will do the trick. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Hi Kassi! Right, both options are available, and my client does not want it to be that way. How to set it up so customers should only be able to have the "pay monthly" option. How do I delete the "pay once" option?

@geilastorga -

Ah I see what you meant now.

Being able to remove the "pay once" option would actually be a Feature Request for the Online Store. 

I would be happy to tag this for our Product Team to take a look.