x

How do I download/generate monthly statements?

How do I download, or otherwise generate, monthly statements?

Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @bobsmithagency, thanks for bringing this up. I wanted to circle back on this question and clarify that we do not currently offer monthly statements, but you can access your sales activity for any period of time from your Sales Summary tab.

In addition, you can download your transaction history. For step-by-steps on this, have a look at our Support Center.

Rest assured that I'll be passing your post over to our Reporting team so they can make improvements based on your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Beta Member

@yandj I definitely thought about open-sourcing it via Github... but I'd have to get permission from my organization as it was done on company time. Also, the code at present is not quite at a distro state yet (nothing is commented, the code is sloppy in places, I've only set it up to handle a few card types, etc). So, at least for right now, I need to keep the code closed. 

Maybe I can polish it and rewrite it on my own time at some point and then release it open-source????

I only know PHP, so whatever I do is confined to being web-server based (although, I just discovered through a Google search that there are PHP to EXE compilers available...).

I still feel that, ultimately, Square should be the one to provide this feature to all customers. An experienced coder could produce the whole thing in a few hours, especially if they had access to all the back-end stuff 🙂

edit: I have uploaded my PHP script to GitHub. You'll find the link tagged onto my posts above from 2019-02-13, as well as in a new post made 2020-09-25.

Message 22 of 60
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your tips and sharing your experience here, @StThereseInst

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 60

It is utterly baffling to me that this feature request has been "on the books" at least for over three YEARS, and has received nothing but lip service as a purported request of Square's coders/programmers/product development team. There apparently are many Square users who are in dire need of this feature, including me, but no one has picked up the gauntlet except for a CUSTOMER! *smh*

And the funny part is that this would be a very simple feature to incorporate for any experienced coder, but especially for one who has access to Square's existing code. I cannot imagine how many customers/businesses have had to flee to other companies or service providers for this type of feature but, honestly, even ONE is too many. Your company really needs to get on the ball with this simple, basic, much-needed feature. Otherwise, sometime soon, I will be one of the fleeing customers. After all, enough is enough. I have already waited far too long for this simple feature to be implemented.

Message 24 of 60

I too am trying to reconcile my account (even though I've already taken my online processing elsewhere due to inappropriate refund processing by Square - they took money out of my account even though I had full funds accessible in my bank account). To make your clients search and search and try to figure out where there balance is with each transaction is utterly inappropriate and unprofessional. I always tell people to use PayPal over Square now as they offer proper reporting, not like this mickey-mouse get up. I will continue to waste more time to reconcile my accounts when it would have been so easy if I had just always stayed with PayPal.

Message 25 of 60
Beta Member

@yandj
I've finally posted my code to https://github.com/StThereseInstitute/SquareStatementGenerator.

I provide it to y'all in hopes of making your lives a bit easier, and maybe giving Square a push to implement something similar into their Dashboard so that users don't have to hack together work-arounds for something so simple as creating a printable statement <nudge nudge, wink wink> 🙂

Message 26 of 60

I'm trying to purchase a home and the bank wants to verify my income and spending from my square card. I cannot submit "screen shots" either. This is very frustrating for me as I will be moving to a different company as well.

Message 27 of 60
Alumni

If you're trying to obtain a loan a loan from your bank, CS can request to send an official letter stating when you activated your account with us, who you're banking with and the last three deposits you've received from us.

Keep in mind, such letter is only provided if you're applying for a bank loan, so you'll be asked additional info to verify that.

@renely77

Justin
Message 28 of 60

I would very much like to be able to view a list of transactions PER CUSTOMER for a specific date range. A sales summary of total amounts isn't helpful when trying to match whether charges recorded in our ledger were actually made on Square.

Message 29 of 60

Hi .. So I  switched from paypal to Square .. and now I need to download statements similar to how payal does ,, how do I do that  so that the Square logo shows up on the statements.. at a loss and need this info for a loan we are applying for  

Message 30 of 60
Super Seller

I think the only way that they download now is in Excel.  However it would be a nice feature request to have the option of downloading in excel or pdf format. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 31 of 60

Hi there, @Ctrcameron - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community.

@Minion is right on this one. You can download any of your reports into an Excel or CVS file directly from the Online Dashboard. I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding statements. Take a look at this Best Answer from this same thread, it will give you all the information you need.

Joe
Message 32 of 60
Beta Member

In other words, "You have to to it yourself." As basic a requirement as it is for many of us, Square does not offer a pre-built statement.

If you have the technical knowledge to upload and run a PHP script via a webserver, feel free to use the script I posted on page 1 of this thread. I use it monthly to generate the printed statement that my boss wants to hold in her hands.

Message 33 of 60

Hi Tom and team!

Are there any updates on this feature or any known walk-through of how to assemble a statement?

I'm wondering if a well formula-ed Google or Excel sheet could pull the information from several pages, each being the report generated by Square (transactions, sales, balances, etc.) - but formatted in a way that the data values could be put onto its own sheet...  

I use Google Sheets a lot but sometimes overcomplicate things due to lack of knowledge... I only know enough to do my same day to day tasks, haha.

Samy
she/they

Message 34 of 60

Hello there @MassagesbyManny 

At this time we don't have any updates on this feature at this time. However, we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Reporting. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Message 35 of 60

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Where do I find a monthly statement

I am looking for a monthly statement so I can balance with my bank.

Message 36 of 60
Alumni

Hi there @lovelinda - I've moved your post over to this thread where @Tom answered this question for someone else. Take a peek at the Best Answer here to get pointed in the right direction, and be sure to reach out directly if you need a hand with this!

Valentina
Message 37 of 60

Thank you - I did read that first - but I thought for sure that Square would have a statement option since that post in 2016.  I was incorrect.   

It is very confusing that a large company like Square does not have a statement option like every other bank type of service that I have ever used.  

Thanks for the help.

Message 38 of 60

Hi @lovelinda - thanks for the quick response. Our Product Teams are always editing and implementing new changes into our system to better support our Sellers. We hope to be able to bring some changes to expand reporting options very soon.

Thanks for hanging tough! We appreciate you.

Joe
Message 39 of 60
Beta Member

We hope to be able to bring some changes to expand reporting options very soon.”

@Joe That would be wonderful! Any estimate on what the time frame of “very soon” is in days or weeks or months?

Message 40 of 60

Hi @StThereseInst - thanks for reaching out. We don't have a specific timeline to share at this moment. Feature Request implementation often takes many rounds of testing and tweaking, which can cause delays. As soon as we have some helpful information for you, we will reach back out and let everyone know here.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 41 of 60

I would also agree that being able to run reports on a customer, rather than looking at their entire transaction history would be helpful. 

It is indeed baffling that this isn't in place yet. 

Message 42 of 60