x

Can you hide variations in Online Store?

Can you hide variations in Online Store?

I understand that you can hide items from the online store item library, however are you able to also hide variations? There are variations that I am not selling online.

I have several locations and I tried making the variation I want to hide as "unavailable" to my online store location in my Square online dashboard. This solution prevents online customers to purchase the variation, however it still shows it as an option in the drop down choices. I want to completely hide a variation, so it's not visible to online customer.

Thank you.

26 Comments

I have several variations of a particular item/service. Currently, when a customer clicks the item, they can see all the available variations, regardless if that variation is out of stock. Is there a way for a variation of an item to NOT show up on the list of options if its already been sold out? It's frustrating to our client to have to click on a variation in order to see the availablity of the item. 

Please advise. 

Hello @AJP

I think you might be interested in our Inventory API. It will help you hide variations that are out of stock. 😀

Admin

Thanks for your post, @TiffanyNR. There isn't a way to hide individual variations from the online store. One thing you could do is make two items, one that includes the variation and one that does not, and then make the item that includes the variation unavailable so only the one without is available.

@AdamB , thank you for your response! I wanted to avoid create a separate item since I have over 1000 SKUs =( Also, this alters what is seen on my retail stores.

I think I will have to resort to this. Thank you!

How do I edit my business’s location on Square Payroll? I’ve been trying to, but there doesn’t seem to be any method of doing this, nor any helpful articles with guidance. 

In my Item Library, I have options such as 16oz pour or 32oz growler. In the taproom, a guest could order either. In our Online Store, a visitor can only order a 32oz growler for pick-up. 

How do I exclude the 16oz pour option from appearing in our Online Store? 

Alumni

@runawayburl - looks like someone else asked a similar question. Take a look at this thread I merged your post with:)

Alumni

Hey @Ethan_R - I answered a similar question on this thread I grouped your post with. To edit your biz location info, our Payroll Team will help to give a hand. 

Reach out during normal biz hrs here

Beta Member

@runawayburl I'm struggling with the same thing. Trying to set up curbside pickup. So some options are available inside, but not for pickup.

@AdamB I'd love to request this as a feature. For us, we'd like our to-go options to appear on the store but our on-premise options not to appear. Having two separate items creates an issue for a lot of pieces of the puzzle for us (POS being a huge one - bartenders would need to go to two different items to ring in a beer for here or a 4-pack to go of the same brand). It would be huge if we could allow only certain variations to show online as we're trying to create some initiatives around that.