x

Can you hide variations in Online Store?

Can you hide variations in Online Store?

I understand that you can hide items from the online store item library, however are you able to also hide variations? There are variations that I am not selling online.

I have several locations and I tried making the variation I want to hide as "unavailable" to my online store location in my Square online dashboard. This solution prevents online customers to purchase the variation, however it still shows it as an option in the drop down choices. I want to completely hide a variation, so it's not visible to online customer.

Thank you.

26 Comments
Beta Member

Would also appreciate the ability to make variations unavailable on our online store.

This feature needs added ASAP.  Allow only some variations to be visible for the online store.  There is an immense amount of extra work being done to skirt around this and duplication of items which also creates downstream issues of inventory control and accounting.  During a event a time when online ordering is keeping small businesses a float this should be one of the top dev priorities.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @KingViewMead,

Thanks for your added input on this feature request!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Beta Member

Yes! We really could use this option as well!!! Please consider this as a necessary enhancement... especially to support your users during this crazy pandemic.

Beta Member

Yes! We really could use this option as well!!! Please consider this as a necessary enhancement... especially to support your users during this crazy pandemic.

We need this option as well! At the counter we can sell 14oz and 5lb bags of bulk coffee but online we want only the 14oz bags to show (because we can only sell a 5lb bag if we have enough extra in inventory... don't want the cafe to run out!). We also don't want to create duplicate items with different numbers of variations... duplication headache. Please increase the priority on this request.

Beta Member

Hey there! This thread is a few years old so I wanted to see if this is still an option in the inventory API to hide variations that are out of stock. Our developer has looked into it and can't see where that is an option. Is it possible to provide a little more direction? This is a huge need for us right now. Thank you! 

On the product page of my store, a customer is prompted to select a variation (color for example) to add to their cart and they have to scroll through roughly 12 different colors. All 12 colors are available to choose whether they are in stock or sold out.

I can imagine it getting frustrating for a customer if they choose

3 or 4 or even more colors and they are all sold out. 

Is there a way to have the drop down list ONLY display in stock variations? 

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting @milliemaxpet and welcome to the Community. 🙂

Unfortunately, t's not currently possible to hide out-of-stock variations for an item. Can you post a link to one of your example items so we can get a better idea of the customer experience? 

Just adding that we would also benefit from either the addition of this setting or a clear explanation on how to set it up through the API. Thank you!