x
Admin

Introducing the Square Readers Book Club! ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“– New to Book Club? Start here!

Book Club Logo Banner.png

Hey Square Readers!

Are you looking for a new way to level up your business skills and have some fun while you're at it?
Then get excited, and get ready to read!

We created the Square Readers Book Club, and weโ€™d love to have you join.

There are a ton of books filled with info on how to run your business better. But if youโ€™re anything like me, itโ€™s completely overwhelming to try and find relevant ones to me and my business. And itโ€™s even more challenging to find the time, motivation, and accountability to actually read them.

So weโ€™re here to make that a little easier. 

We have hand-picked some hard hitting and insightful books specifically written for business owners like you. The best part is, you wonโ€™t read them alone.

We pick one book every two months to read and chat about together in this Community Group full of sellers like you. Weโ€™ll share some extra resources and content from the author and cap it off with a live video chat. And of course, weโ€™ll post a full summary with key insights and takeaways from each book.

Donโ€™t have time or donโ€™t want to read the book? No problem! There will be discussion threads for you to read, video chats to listen to, and weโ€™ll summarize the key takeaways along the way for each book. 

We vote on all of the books we read, so join the group to always stay updated! 

You can pick up a copy of the book at your local library, local bookstore, Amazon, or anywhere else. And of course, go for any version youโ€™d like: paper, digital, or audiobook (listening totally counts as reading too!). 

And take a look at our virtual Square Readers Bookshelf for a comprehensive list of business books suggested by sellers like you. You can see the current book weโ€™re reading, previous books weโ€™ve read, and a bunch more of what we might read in the future.

Get ready for our Book Club:

We canโ€™t wait to read with you!

Pesso

๏œ๏ธ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Super Seller

This is a great opportunity to get insight from both the books and sellers. I will try my best to find time to read the books, but I do appreciate that the threads and summaries will be available. Thanks @Pesso!

Message 2 of 32
Admin

Sounds like a great plan to me, @TCSlaguna ! Glad to have you in the group, and looking forward to it-

Message 3 of 32
Super Seller

Great, can't wait!!!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 4 of 32
Admin

Thank you so much, @JUYBoutique20 -- looking forward to having you as a part of this!

Message 5 of 32
Super Seller

YAY!  Super excited about this.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 6 of 32
Admin

Thanks so much, @Doran -- I am too!

Message 7 of 32
Beta Member

Hi guys can someone advise me how to turn off the email notifications for square readers club 

Message 8 of 32
Admin

Hey @Merakieatsandco , and everyone else!

So sorry about all of the email notifications!

Next time Iโ€™m absolutely doing a survey instead of comments โ€” I was completely not expecting this many folks to be interested and I am so thankful for all of you! 

To turn off email notifications for a particular post, go over that thread, probably the Vote for the First Book one, scroll to the top and, you can click Unsubscribe in the top right corner, or right under it is Thread Options and in that pop up is Unsubscribe. 

This will only turn off email notifications for responses on a particular thread, you will still be notified for other updates or tags, so youโ€™ll stay in the loop for all other book club things! 

Thanks again! 
Pesso

Message 9 of 32
Super Seller

AH!!! I love this!!! 
There are also some really great titles available on LIT videobooks. They help to keep you engaged (because business books have a tendency to not be...well...the business. ๐Ÿคช)

Looking forward to it!! 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - Jess Poynter Style and Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 10 of 32
Admin

Woah, LIT Videobooks looks really cool! I've never heard of it -- thanks so much for sharing that @JessPoynter ! Definitely a cool resource!

Message 11 of 32
Super Seller

Thanks you so much @Pesso !! So excited to join this reading group and the discussions 

Message 12 of 32
Admin

Thank you for joining, @cupzcoffeeaz ! We're all just as excited and can't wait to get started!

Message 13 of 32

This sounds interesting and fun! Thank you for the opportunity.

Message 14 of 32
Admin

Thanks so much for joining @Charzstarz -- we're excited for it too!

Message 15 of 32
Beta Member

I like this idea. I've joined and look forward to participation. I do wonder how the books are delivered to us - are they sent by PDF or do we obtain them ourselves and when do we have that opportunity to begin reading.

Message 16 of 32
Admin

Thanks so much, @CC-Crestone !

Unfortunately we do not provide the books -- you can pick up a copy of the book at your local library, local bookstore, Amazon, or anywhere else. And of course, go for any version youโ€™d like: paper, digital, or audiobook (listening totally counts as reading too!). 

I'll announce the first book on Monday, April 3rd, and we'll kick off reading and talking then! 

Message 17 of 32

Such a great idea, thank you

Message 18 of 32
Admin

Thank you so much for joining us, @NaturallyBec -- so excited for it!

Message 19 of 32
Beta Member

This is great. I just purchased my first Kindle. It is amazing how much more one reads when it is so readily available.

Look forward to April 3rds book announcement.

Message 20 of 32
Admin

Thanks for joining, @bishopsbling ! Congrats on the kindle -- I use the kindle app on my phone and I'm the same way, I read sooo much more these days now that I always have every book ever on me. 

Looking forward to it too!

Message 21 of 32