x
Admin

April & May 2023 Book: Start with Why by Simon Sinek

Hey Square Readers,

Who’s ready to read?

First, wow. I am so blown away by the response and excitement that all of you have for the Square Readers Book Club. Thank you so much. Right now we have 1982 members, and 799 of you voted on our first book! The count was really close, but in the end we have a winner and a pick for our first one. 

We’ll start voting for the June & July book on Monday, May 1st

Click the Join Group button at the top to officially be a part of things.

And now for the news:

SRBC_Start-With-Why-April-2023.png

We’re kicking things off with our book for April & May 2023, Start with Why by Simon Sinek.

Here’s a quick summary:

“Why do you do what you do? Any organization can explain what it does; some can explain how they do it; but very few can clearly articulate why. WHY is not money or profit—those are always results. WHY does your organization exist? WHY does it do the things it does? WHY do customers really buy from one company or another? Starting with WHY works in big business and small business, in the nonprofit world and in politics. Drawing on a wide range of real-life stories, Sinek weaves together a clear vision of what it truly takes to lead and inspire.”

Here’s a 5 minute video clip of his TED Talk to help get you inspired and excited about the book.

So get ready and pick up this book at your local library, local bookstore, Amazon, or anywhere else. Feel free to go for any version you’d prefer: paper, digital, or audiobook. (Listening totally counts as reading too!)

You have plenty of time to read, so take your time. The book is 256 pages, so reading between 5-10 pages a day will get you there in time. Jump into our discussion threads as you go.

We will have our Live Video Discussion on Tuesday May 23rd at 4 PM (US & CA Eastern) to talk through the book. See the Event Listing for Time Zone Conversions and to RSVP! 

I'll be posting in our group throughout the next two months with for discussion questions, articles, videos, key insights, and more ways for you to learn and share. 

Get involved in these discussion posts:

Happy reading,

Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Super Seller

Ouch the LA Library has an 8-week wait on the book both physical and audio Book 

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 2 of 44
Admin

Oh no! Hopefully you can find another way to get it sooner-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 3 of 44
Super Seller

Found it on Audible free trial

René

Message 4 of 44
Admin

Nice! I haven't listened to any books on Audible, I'd be interested to hear (pun not intended) what you think.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 44
Super Seller

@Helen I only use as a free trial as the Why book audio version and Book version have an 8 week wait at the LA Library, i guess the whole book club is borrowing from the LA Library 😉

Message 6 of 44
Admin

😂

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 44
Beta Member

Does your library have the LIBBY app? You can do e-books from your state. 

not 100% on California but CT you can access all libraries from one. 

Message 8 of 44
Super Seller Alumni

Libby is great, I always check there first!

Craft Beer Pub & Pizza Spot
Village of Manlius, NY

http://awwander.com
IG: @awwander
FB: @awwandermanlius
Message 9 of 44

Amazon!

Message 10 of 44
Seller Community Mentor

I watched the video... he's good!!!  I can't wait to read this!  This is going to be a great refresher and that's exactly what I hope to get out of it.  I'm so glad it won!!

Message 11 of 44
Admin

Thank you so much @CareyJo ! I'm so glad you liked the video and are excited about reading the book. Sooo happy that this is right up your alley and what you're looking for!

Can't wait to hear all of your thoughts in our discussions!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 12 of 44
Super Seller

So excited for this.....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 13 of 44
Admin

Thank you @JUYBoutique20 ! Great to hear that you're excited -- we are too!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 14 of 44

very excited, the video was a nice preview to motivate and inspire. Amazon has it in all forms, i personally ordered a paperback because i enjoy reading physical books 🙂 looking forward to learning, growing and exchanging thoughts with everyone in this group

Sam Castro
Message 15 of 44
Admin

I'm so glad you liked the video preview @scastrotattoo -- I hoped it would be some good inspiration!

I like a mix of paperback and digital, so I ordered it on Kindle and got a copy from the library. 

So great to hear that you're just as excited as we are! See you in the discussions-

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 16 of 44
Super Seller

WOW!!! We have a big book club lol 🙂

Excited to read our first book together

Message 17 of 44
Admin

So. Big.

Thanks @Stacelyn24 -- we're all excited too! Can't wait to see you in all the discussions!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 18 of 44

So excited to be part of this group!  Thanks for getting the group together Aylon.

Message 19 of 44
Admin

It's absolutely my pleasure, @YBF ! Thanks for joining, and looking forward to all the discussions!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 20 of 44
Super Seller

Ok, now I better get on top of this book.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 21 of 44