x

How can I disable credit card name on transaction screen?

I am using Square Register. I'm trying to STOP pulling the name off the credit card and FORCE the barista to input a name manually. I live in a community where a good part of the population don't use their legal names, and getting my staff to remember to ask has been like pulling teeth. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

This is a curious question. We write names on cups at our shop. Occasionally staff will take the lazy way and write the name that appears after a card swipe. If not the 'known-as' name, it can cause some confusion. I am not aware of a way to do this, a quick look through my settings didn't uncover an opportunity. Curious to follow the conversation and see if there is something, I'll look more deeply sometime when I have a moment in front of the register without a line of customers. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

This is intriguing!! We too will sometimes have our baristas be too shy to ask someone’s name. Most of our staff is pretty outgoing and the phrase we have engrained in our talking is not “what is your name”, but “remind me of your name again please.” We also try helping each other out which is fun when we see someone through the window sometimes one person will ask the others they are working with if they can remember their name. But we have had those situations where someone didn’t want to ask and used the card name that the customer did not go by, and there was someone in the store with that actual name so things got a little confusing. 

I haven’t thought to look into disabling the card name generator though! I am curious to see if anyone has an answer to this as well!!! Will definitely be following this thread! 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 3 of 3