x

Notes Field Disappeared from Register's Keypad sale

We heavily rely on the notes feature for a keypad sale when the barcode is unreadable by the scanner, or our inventory staff have made a typo, failed to enter, etc. Is this a temporary bug or a feature that has been removed?

Thanks in advance for help.

- Valley Art

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @ValleyArt_IT  can you confirm which device and application are you using to check out your customers? I do see that notes can be added on my iPhone just above the keypad. And for Item related notes, I can see the field right under the quantity.

I will keep an eye out for your reply!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi, @JJ_ . Thanks for the reply. We're using the Square Register with Square Point of Sale (not the Retail version, straight Point of Sale). With the latest update a few things changed like the menu is no longer a pull-down, but instead a dock. It also completely removed the notes field for Keypad sales.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @ValleyArt_IT I was able to confirm with our Advanced Support Team that the behavior you are looking for now resides within the item itself. This is not a bug but expected behavior. Meaning that the notes field was moved exclusively to under the item details. So whenever a barcode doesn't work and your employees have to manually enter a price they will be able to add notes to items by tapping them on the sale. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4