x

Was the ability to adjust a price on the fly in Square Register removed with the latest UI update?

In Square Register, while ringing up items I've always had the ability to make a price adjustment on the fly in the options screen for each individual item, via the "Adjust Price" button. After last week's UI update that option has disappeared. All of my settings were reset to default as well so I went through everything and changed what I could back to my previous settings, but this was not an option I came across. It seems the ability to do this has been removed from the phone app as well. I know I can create discounts or modifiers and whatnot, but my adjustments are rarely the same and this would be much more time consuming. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

It sounds like you are not logged into Square for Retail, which does have this feature. On your register, you will need to go to More, and from under there, you should see the sign-out option at the bottom. 

Let's try signing into the Square for Retail application and if you are still having issues let me know @CRTreehouse .

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there I am sorry you are having issues with adjusting the price. I do want to get to the bottom of this.

To clarify these are items that have a set price, not a variable price?  And before you were able to adjust set price items? Also, can you confirm which Square application you are using on the register?  If you aren't sure go to More > Settings > General > About Register. Or sign out completely on the register and sign back in.  Have you tried any of these troubleshooting steps

Message 2 of 5

Good morning!

Yes that is correct. Whether it was a set price or variable price, I have always had an "Adjust Price" button that has allowed me to change the price of an item on the fly for individual transactions. Now it has been replaced with "Comp Item" and "Remove Item" buttons. I am running version 5.39.0073. I tried the "Revert to previous experience" option but that just ended up giving me another completely different UI from what I've had. My issue is not covered in the troubleshooting FAQs.

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

It sounds like you are not logged into Square for Retail, which does have this feature. On your register, you will need to go to More, and from under there, you should see the sign-out option at the bottom. 

Let's try signing into the Square for Retail application and if you are still having issues let me know @CRTreehouse .

Message 4 of 5

That was it. I was logegd into Point of Sale. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5