x

Square Terminal - Customer Facing Mode

Apologies if this question is something people ask all the time that everyone rolls their eyes at now. 

I have a small farmstand. I have a square terminal. I don't like that if, hypothetically, I let a customer key in their total (usually like $4 egg & milk errands, not major purchases), they could get into account information like the list of transactions. I know I shouldn't be letting a customer push the buttons, but I'm still wondering. Is there a way to let a customer enter their total and run their card without being able to get into the menu where they can access settings & dashboard? If the passcode locked the menu but not the checkout, that would be ideal for me. Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks,

Dave 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @honeyfieldsfarm 

While we do not recommend Self-Checkout using Square for security reasons, there is ways this can be accomplished.

First you would need to enable the Team Passcode and then restrict the Team permissions to checkout only. Once this is done you would need to enter the Team Passcode and make sure the right settings are available and the others are passcode restricted. 

By completing this you will have a Passcode that allows checking out but not allows access to other sensitive areas of the app.  

I hope this information is helpful! 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3