x
Admin

[New] Exchanges now available for all sellers using Square for Retail POS

Hi Sellers! 👋

We know that the ability to make an exchange is a core part of retail workflows. We’re excited to announce that we’ve updated all Square for Retail plans to include easy exchanges (even free)! 🙌  

Now, you can quickly process an exchange in a single transaction when you use the Square for Retail POS (available on iOS, Square Register, and Square Terminal).

Email_GBEN_Exchanges_RetailPOS@2x.png

Process an exchange in a few easy steps:

• From the Square for Retail POS, tap Transactions
  • Locate the original transaction and tap Return or Exchange
  • Optional: you can select item(s) to restock

1. Select the items to be refunded and search your item library to add items you want to exchange for into the cart
  2. Tap Refund or Charge to complete the transaction

Please note, exchanges are only available on the Square for Retail POS. You will need to switch if you are currently using Square Point of Sale. Don’t worry, it’s easy: your existing items, customers, and transactions will automatically transfer over.

New to Square for Retail? Sign up here >

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@tranguyen "Please note, exchanges are only available on the Square for Retail POS. You will need to switch if you are currently using Square Point of Sale. Don’t worry, it’s easy: your existing items, customers, and transactions will automatically transfer over."

This is a great point, I was about to post this feature has been asked for by alot of sellers.  It really helps us on the accounting side.  Also, if you have an ipad or android, you can have the retail app along side the point of sale app, just make sure you go into both of them and have your printers set up and any other devices so you can switch seamlessly between the two environments!

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

I’m glad we now have the ability to do exchanges. I do wish with Square for retail we could log in with 2 iPads. We run 2 iPads at our location so one has to run the POS and one retail.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@rtfulk I thought you could use device codes to have more than one point of sale at a location even with square for retail...I didn't see it noted anywhere it is limited unless I missed it.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@rtfulk and @Donnie-M ;

I currently run to Square Stands and BOTH are running the Square for Retail App.  For Reports you can name them differently too, Check out 1 and Check out 2 for example.  They both get the same setting and all you need to do is install the Square for Retail App.  In your Square Dashboard you can set up two devices with Device codes.  you use the Device codes to sign in to your Square account, not User Id and Password, Now you could sign in to the Apps with your Square Credentials on Both, but not sure how secure it is or if the Cashier can still sign in out with their PIN.  We only have 2 ppl and 2 Stands both running Square for Retail.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

@Candlestore Thanks, that was what I was doing wrong.  I was signing in with my username and password and it was kicking me out of the other one.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

@Donnie-M , I didn’t know about that. I will look into it. Thank you

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Message 7 of 7