x

Adjust Modifiers to Charge for additional Items

Hi - does anyone know how to set up Square so that you can pick modifiers as toppings but 2 would be the maximum of ones included in the standard price? Additional options will be charged at $.50 / topping. I'm thinking this would be applicable to an ice cream shop or pizza place. 

I've built in work arounds in the past but it really clutters the check out screen and I'm trying to simplify. 

I basically want Square to do the work for me so my staff doesnt have to calculate how many additional toppings are added. 

Thank you,

Vicki

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @vkotris

Welcome to our Seller Community! I wish there was a way to make this happen for you. This is a feature request that's not available yet. The system doesn't know when to charge or not to charge for additional toppings unless we tell it to. 

However, you can create items that already include 2 maximum amount of toppings with a standard price, i.e., Pepperoni & Olives, and then provide the customer with the option of adding additional toppings at an extra charge.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Is there any update on this feature? This would really be helpful - especially in Square Online.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Titne! Unfortunately we do not have any updates to share. I do see how useful this could be and will continue to pass the feedback along. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4