x

Can I get rid of the "most popular" section in online ordering?

next to my other categories is a 'most popular' section that I never added. Can I disable this?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 18
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @sweetcocoalemon Welcome to the Community. 🙂

I think the confusion may be from the template you are using. Order Online is the same as the Shop All page, but a different layout. 

Click on the dropdown in the top left corner of the editor, then select Order Online or Shop All. Click on Item List, then click Arrange and Add Items. You can toggle on/off the option to display Most Popular and Recent Order

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 18

Best Answer

Here's the exact process:

From your Home Page go down the left side menu until you see "Online".  Click it.

At your Online Page, you should see your page link at the top of the page and to the right is "Edit Site".  Click that.

From Order Online page, click "Item List" in the left hand menu.

Click the "Arrange & Add Items" button and that will bring up the popup menu where you can toggle on/off Most Popular.

You'll have to hover over Most Popular for the toggle to appear.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

HI, hopefully this will assist you.  Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, at top Page: Home select Shop All, Item List, select Arrange & add items, Arrangement to select how you wish items to appear.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 18

How do I remove the most popular section in the order section. I dont want this section to appear

Message 3 of 18

Hi there, @duffysgoodies 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding removing the Most Popular items section. Take a look at this Best Answer from this same thread for more details.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 18

Where is this Page: Home select Shop All? This must have moved because I'm looking to remove the most popular section on my website and these directions don't match what I see on my dashboard. Also, when I preview my site, this section isn't there, it only shows up when I view my published site.

Message 5 of 18

Best Answer

Hi @sweetcocoalemon Welcome to the Community. 🙂

I think the confusion may be from the template you are using. Order Online is the same as the Shop All page, but a different layout. 

Click on the dropdown in the top left corner of the editor, then select Order Online or Shop All. Click on Item List, then click Arrange and Add Items. You can toggle on/off the option to display Most Popular and Recent Order

Message 6 of 18

DID YOU EVER GET THIS FIGURED OUT?

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. "MOST POPULAR" SHOWS UP ONLY WHEN PUBLISHED.

NONE OF THE ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD ARE HELPFUL.

Message 7 of 18

See my reply below with step by step.

Message 8 of 18
Alumni

Hi @LauraTheButcher,

Check out @Goldneye's response for more info and let us know if you have any other questions by getting in contact with us here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 18

Best Answer

Here's the exact process:

From your Home Page go down the left side menu until you see "Online".  Click it.

At your Online Page, you should see your page link at the top of the page and to the right is "Edit Site".  Click that.

From Order Online page, click "Item List" in the left hand menu.

Click the "Arrange & Add Items" button and that will bring up the popup menu where you can toggle on/off Most Popular.

You'll have to hover over Most Popular for the toggle to appear.

Message 10 of 18

Its 2022 and these instructions appear to no longer work.  Is there an update??

Message 11 of 18

Hello @kshlagel

and welcome to our Seller Community, we're always happy to see new faces! 

Check out LUCYBEE's answer above, the process is still the same.

Don't forget to hover over the "Most popular" option in your Item list for the toggle to appear. 

Thank you!

Frances
Message 12 of 18

I guess this will only work on a paid store not on the free version since all the above answers do not apply - I do not see or can click what is described.

Message 13 of 18

Hey there @xomox I am sorry you are running into some issues with this feature on your online store. Do you mind providing your website link I am happy to take a further look into this. Thank you!

Message 14 of 18

Try switching to mobile mode to adjust it, I had to do that for it to work, it wouldn't in desktop version for some strange reason.

Message 15 of 18

did you ever get your answer?  I am having same issue

Message 16 of 18

Hi @Vlbbq - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I took a look at your website, but it seems you may have already figured this out because I don't see the "most popular" section. If you haven't already, you can follow the steps @BernadetteA provided here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 17 of 18

I am having the same issue.  There is no longer a module for "Order Online page, click "Item List" in the left hand menu.  Click the "Arrange & Add Items" button".  Please provide updated directions.  Thank you.

Message 18 of 18