x

Canceling custom domain for online Square store

We just purchased a custom domain for our online Square store, not realizing that we can access the free domain name with Square for the next few months. How do I go about canceling the year long subscription to the custom domain through Weebly?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @jakemace Thanks for reaching out! You can return your custom domain within 30 days of purchasing it. Please direct refund requests to http://hc.weebly.com with the subject line: Refund Request.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hi @jakemace Thanks for reaching out! You can return your custom domain within 30 days of purchasing it. Please direct refund requests to http://hc.weebly.com with the subject line: Refund Request.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 2 of 10

I purchased my own domain name and tried to transfer it to my square store however it (square) said the domain name was too new (still not sure why that’s an issue) so now, I can’t publish my store because it’s trying to publish to the domain name and can’t. How can I just go back to the “free” (not free because I had to pay to be able to use my own domain and can’t) domain with square so I can publish my store? 

Message 3 of 10

Hey @Kten,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller answered this question already.

Check out @AshleyK 's Best Answer above for more details. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 10

I started my domain transfer from Wordpress to Square. In doing so the Square site stopped using my .square.site domain and moved to my purchased domain - but - it is pointing to my Wordpress site. Please tell me how to change the domain back to the .square.site option while I wait for the domain to be transferred. Or anything - I can't wait for my shop to be down for weeks for this domain to transfer. 

Message 5 of 10

Hey @NCJ,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

There's not a way to temporarily do this though and then go back. You'd be fully refunding the domain back to be available to use.

It may be best to reach out to our direct E-Comm team anyways who can look into your domain transfer more. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Why is my old domain still listed on my account as suspended and not allowing me to accept payments if i added a new Custom Domain already.

Message 7 of 10

Hi @purplelongway - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Online Store has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 8 of 10

Will square lock or hold my weebly domain if I delete my Professional website?

Message 9 of 10

Hi @Jami22 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

Absolutely not. The domain is yours for as long as you own it. 

It can be transferred to another web host if you please. However, I do want to make sure to mention the iCANN Change of Registrant Lock.

A domain transfer is the process of switching your domain name from one registrar to another. To be eligible for a transfer, you must have been with your current registrar for at least 60 days, since ICANN enforces a 60-day Change of Registrant lock.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 10 of 10