x

Delayed sales after ticket is closed out

I have been having a reoccurring issue where several drinks are put On a ticket,  maybe 10 beers,   then the ticket is closed out and paid.  After the ticket is paid. 5 of the beers show up on another ticket for the same customer and as it turns out they were not in the paid ticket.   I’m running iOS 14.2 on 3 iPads.  When this happens it usually one iPad that all beers were added to ticket on and the transaction was closed out on.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @Stefanekjones 

Okay, that's really odd. I haven't heard of any issues with Open Tickets recently, either.

First thing I'd check is that every tablet has the latest and greatest version of Square on it. Just head to the App Store/Google Play Store and update.

My guess is that some changes happened between versions regarding open tickets and the various versions on your tablets aren't playing nicely with each other.

If that doesn't solve the problem please report back!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

I have updated everything.  Seems the problems have been reduced but not completely eliminated.  Just last night I had a Tab, Customer paid $18.  After transaction was complete tab still existed but with one more beer on it for $21.  Bar tender said she tried to clear the tab out and it wouldn't go away.  I'm not sure what method she was using.  I voided all items and then hit pay on a $0 tab to get it to go away.   

I have told my staff to may sure they reboot the app daily  I'm not sure if leaving it on constantly creates these glitches. Just a shot in the dark that may help

Message 3 of 3