x

Feature Request: Request Reviews Quickly

Hi - currently, reviews can be requested for an item at the earliest 2 weeks after the sale. But for restaurants, that's a very long time and the customer may not remember the experience. Reviews are generally solicited by the 3rd party apps that same evening (you get a text message asking how the food was, etc). It would be great if more time options could be given here - starting perhaps with 2 hours after the sale.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

I second that! We run a bakery, and asking for reviews 2 weeks later is pointless.

2 weeks is such an arbitrary amount of time. Why is it not customizable?

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Update - this was actually implemented, however the review emails should be based on the order PICKUP time rather than when the order was placed. 

Thank you to Square for at least moving in the right direction on this!

Message 3 of 5

This is great progress!

We're going with 12 hours for now, because some orders are placed ahead so 2 hours isn't enough time to ensure customers received & ate their meals. If 3 or 4 hours were an option, I'd go with that. Still a problem for orders that are placed for the next day or a few days from now (pick up time is the best way to solve this, for sure).

But big improvement over 2 weeks!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I can definitely see how this would be problematic! We'll make sure to pass the message along to our product teams. 

Message 5 of 5